Resolution broken when coming out of sleep.
Hi all I am currently running XBMC from my HTPC through my reciever to a TV via HDMI, when I get the computer to come out of sleep state half the program appears off screen and I have to restart it in order to get it to go back to normal, this does no happen if I just boot to the windows desktop so I know it is the application itself. Googling has revealed a lot of people on Linux had this problem and were able to alter a settings file to remove all their unwanted resolution and hertz settings, is this also possible on Windows 7 at all?

Is anyone able to help.

Thanks!
Youre not using the option 'use a fullscren window rather than true fullscreen' are you? Check system settings in xbmc and make sure its not selected.
I have a similar but different problem happening. Sometimes after playing a video (only affects 30fps TV shows, never 24fps movies), when XBMC returns to the menu I start to get shaking video on the screen like things did not get synced back up properly. I always have to reboot to clear it up.

Never had the problem with 10.1.
loggio Wrote:Youre not using the option 'use a fullscren window rather than true fullscreen' are you? Check system settings in xbmc and make sure its not selected.

Thanks, this seemed to work for me, not sure when / if I changed it (I have a habit of fiddling with new software at like 1am, which is never a good idea). Now just to sort out my anime and wait for my remote to arrive from ebay and I am DONE
Is there a way to fix this when using "windowed fullscreen"?

I have to use windows fullscreen since external players won't launch for me if I'm using true fullscreen, and for dvd and blu-ray playback I'm using an external player (tmt5).

edit: my problem is that xbmc is too tall after waking up from sleep, pressing alt-enter twice fixes it, but it's still annoying since I'd rather not use a keyboard
Try my XBMC Launcher. Details in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798. It will close xbmc when you set pc to sleep or hibernate and restart again when resumed from sleep/hibernation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution broken when coming out of sleep.0