Problems with music thumbnails (artists and albums)
Here's what I did:

I recently replaced some of my artists and albums thumbs to higher quality ones. My file structure is like this

Artist==>Album==>Track

I have placed a folder.jpg inside both the artist and album folder. The cover art is also embedded in the mp3 files.

After doing some reading in the forums I found that I should delete my thumbnail folder var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Music for xbmc to pick up my new thumbs.

So that's what I did. I found that xbmc would not pick up my new folder.jpg files when I updated my library. The artists thumb and the album thumbs were empty in library view.

So I followed another hint from the forum: Delete my music source. I was prompted if I was aware that all the information from that source (all of my music files) would be deleted, which they were. My music library was empty afterwards.

After setting my music folder again as a source I hit update library. After two days of scanning my music files into my database I find all artists thumbs and cover art still empty.

Edit: There does not seem to be a problem with my fanart. Fanart was picked up but album and artist thumbs were not.

Here's a log when I try to update the database for a specific folder again.

http://pastebin.com/L02WAfBN

It's full of "unable to stat url" errors.

I'm using eden beta 1 on an atv2. Transparency skin. My music is stored on a NAS connected through a wired connection.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
When actually playing an album in fullscreen mode the cover art gets picked up though. Afterward the album thumb will also show up in library mode. It seems as though caching the thumb does not work.

Some albums show a transparent thumb, other show the xbmc symbol when no art is found (that speaker symbol). I can't find a pattern so far.
Delte your Music Source via the GUI
Delete via FTP the MyMusic18.db AND the Thumbnails/Music folder
Go Back to GUI and re-add your MusicSource, and then "Add to Library"

this will give you a clean db ... let's see what the result is
In the end that's what I did. I would have loved to keep my database. The allmusic scraper doesn't work anymore, my top 100 are gone and using the last.fm scraper I came across the problem described here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73744&page=2
I had the same issue as you. I updated tons of embedded covers in the mp3s. after I deleted thumbnails/Music I got for most of the Mp3s the transparent/no Cover Art displayed. Only after I manually deleted (renamed) the myMusic18.db file xbmc was able to rebuild the database with the embedded covers. I still get the speaker icon for some mp3s / albums, as tere is still a problem left if you use compilations and where albumartist != artist which is usually the case for compilations, see here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post994174

How is the situation if you go into file view ? Does the cover art comes up for the individual files ?

Also in case you have embedded covers ... for testing purposes I would delete the folder.jpg. You can later on extract the folder.jpg pretty easily from the embedded covers.
Ok so I am having the same problem ....

I been upgrading all my Folder.jpg files... to a higher resolution.

I don't have embedded jpg's on my songs just the seperate Folder.jpg file.

But Eden 11 don't update them.....

I did try to remove source and re add it... no go....

And I don't use Library mode either....

So the only thing I can do is?

/userdata/Thumbnails/Music delete?

or is there an easier way to update the Folder.jpg images?

Thank you.

I noticed if I rename the album name I get the new jpg image... Tongue
I may have quite the same problem with my thumbnails, i'll try to explain with many details.

At the moment not all my music is clean so i use "file mode" so that i can manage manually all the stuff about my music, especially the thumbnail and the extrafanart.

I recently put an album with that structure:

Music
Britney Spears - Femme Fatale 2011
01.Britney Spears - Till The World Ends.mp3
cover.jpg
extrafanart
britney01.jpg
britney02.jpg

Then i realised that i needed to change my structure to enable the extrafanart, and moreover to prepare it if i wanted more album of one artist.
so i made this :

Music
Britney Spears //artist folder
Femme Fatale 2011 //album folder
01.Britney Spears - Till The World Ends.mp3 // song
cover.jpg // I did not update yet my mp3 with cover in the tag, this pic allow me to have the album cover i want for THAT album until i get a good app, i m ok with the way i do it now
extrafanart //folder
britney01.jpg // fanart1
britney02.jpg
cover.jpg // this pic allow me to put a cover for the ARTIST

At this moment i had the same cover for the artist and my album, i was not happy with it so i wanted to change the cover of the artist to put a nicer pic.
I did it, but unfortunately it wont change in xbmc. Old cover showing.

I can see the change in audiostation (DS409+ synology) but not in xbmc (on my PC and on my xtreamer).
As i mentionned it, i am not using library mode, my folder is not scanned, so cleaning library wont change anything. I tried...
I tried to remove the source and add it again, nothing changed.

Now the most magical bug i saw. I move the folder elsewhere in the NAS. I create en empty folder, i name it "Britney" and put only my new cover.jpg in it : it works !
I rename the folder "Britney Spears" the old cover shows again, the old file is nowhere XBMC can see it, the good cover.jpg is alone in the folder but still the wrong image shows.
Now better, i can erase the cover.jpg, the wrong image shows again even without any file in the folder !!!

After some few tests, i can do a real magic trick :

I delete the folder from the nas, I remove the source from xbmc.
I create a folder named "Britney", empty, i add the source again,it show the good cover.
I rename it "Britney Spears", still empty, surprise wrong cover appears.

I came to conclusion that xbmc even in file mode, still hide a cache somewhere, maybe it's a synology trick, but audiostation shows the good cover no matter how many changes i do.

How can i reset or delete or correct it ??

Thanx in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with music thumbnails (artists and albums)0