i'm using the version from the repos with aeon nox.
tried your tip...no dice. i'll see what else i can do.
i have my xmltv.xml setup with uk/us listings.
what i did was:
1. download mc2xml:get it here
2. follow the instructions for obtaining the xmltv files (for the uk i used option 18 for general sky satellite and for the us the option for directv us-general-listings).
3. be sure to make a channels list (mc2xml.chl) so it doesn't download channels you don't want.
4. run it once for each epg service.
5. after the first run, rename the generated mc2xml.dat file to uk/us.dat
6. after the second run, copy the contents of the first .dat file into the second mc2xml.dat file and run mc2xml again
7. check the xmltv.xml for any duplicate channels and copy the id of the channels you don't want into mc2xml.chl with a "-" in front of them
8. if you have channels in mc2xml.chl with a "-", run mc2xml for the fourth (and i promise, the last) time
9. point tvguide to the xmltv.xml file and enjoy us/uk tv with epg
if mc2xml tells you there is no new data, use the -f option and if you don't want numbers in front of the channel names, use the -F option.