Library mode says media file (over FTP) no longer available even though it is
Im having this exact issue with atv2 and my FTP server.

Only started with b2, b1 I had no issues.

Press and hold select button to get to information and hit play and the FTP session wakes up and plays movie.

Is there a fix we can install now?

Or do we wait until the next release?

Thank you for everyone's hard work on this!
Looks like the fix will be in beta3 then...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Oh my, I was going to create a thread on this subject, and it has already been solved
Quick action around these parts Wink
<edit>Removed, never mind.</edit>
<edit>Removed, never mind.</edit>
then edit your complain post please for not confusing others...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
was this fixed? im on beta 3 on auto update from standby it freezes and cant find my library files
EMK0 Wrote:was this fixed? im on beta 3 on auto update from standby it freezes and cant find my library files

freeze doesn't sound like the issue which was described in this thread...
what I mean is that xbmc shows a message scanning for content and it will never finish. I can stop the scan with the menu only. This doesn't always happen only way to get the videos back is to get a successful scan after a reboot. If I turn off auto scan on boot it will always let me play my files.

03:14:50 T:2960055104 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://TOWER/Movies'
unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

the network share is always up and even if my drives spin down the shares still show the files as they are cached so that browsing the shares doest wake up all the drives only wakes up the drive if a file is opened on that drive. Never had problems with xbmc with this setup until i updated to a eden build.

so if it times out why does it still say scanning for content forever
Use the ip instead of the netbios server name. NetBios name resolution gets often wonky...
oh I will give that a try its just that when I'm trying reproduce it its happening rarely only when I don't want it to happen it does LOL.

but still shouldn't the scanning for content close after the timeout
I'm still having this problem. It always happens on the second TV show I watch. First one I can go to TV and play the file great. Then, I get the "not in library" error for the 2nd show. Using FTP, and the most recent Eden on ATV2. Any other ideas?
(2012-05-29, 19:33)Sam Lowry Wrote: I'm still having this problem. It always happens on the second TV show I watch. First one I can go to TV and play the file great. Then, I get the "not in library" error for the 2nd show. Using FTP, and the most recent Eden on ATV2. Any other ideas?

I have the exact same issue as you in the newest release. If I go to the info page and choose play from there it works every time but choosing the actual file works maybe 2/5 times. I'll grab a log when I get home from work to see if that helps at all.
Here is my debug log. I watched an entire 30 minute episode first and then the 2nd file wouldn't play so I grabbed the file immediately after the problem occured.

http://pastebin.com/ZqjPzm4Z
Code:
510.23:43:48 T:107802624 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 9

Code:
CURLE_REMOTE_ACCESS_DENIED (9)

We were denied access to the resource given in the URL. For FTP, this occurs while trying to change to the remote directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode says media file (over FTP) no longer available even though it is0