[mac] eden beta 2: same bugs
jmarshall Wrote:What type of system is the HiDef smb share on? The problem is that the directory's modified time does not get updated when you put a new file in that folder. Thus, XBMC doesn't know that the folder has changed.

the folder is on a Qnap NAS, that's the same for the other folder (carton animati) that instead works well.
The file system should be an EXT4... but there is something with the eden version because with dharma it was working like a charm (let me add... maybe is not up to xbmc but to lion? in any case... why a folder works and its twin not)
I'll try with the folder trial, anyway thanx a lot for your time!

I DID THE TEST
a new file in the Hidef folder, I launched the upgrade but nothing happened.
I created an empty folder inside this one, new upgrade and again nothing detected.
Really this folder is neither been considered in the scanning.
It seems like the option to skip this folder is active (of course is deselected now!)
When you add a folder you must force-rescrape the folder (i.e. "Scan for new content" from files view). You'll see in the log that it's no longer using the fasthash.

Try checking the modified time of the HiDef folder before and after copying a new file into that folder. If it doesn't change, there's the problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@JMarshall: Sorry about not getting back to you like promised but I will be a few days further - stuff came up.
Is there a way I could force timestamps to be changed when I have written to the drive (as I transfer stuff using my mac then plug into the openelec box).
Just so I could try doing it to check if that might be the issue.

@gatto_mannaro:
There appears to be few similarities between our set-ups, could help finding the issue:
- You're using EXT4 i'm using fat32 (pls don't mock me ha ha!)
- You're connected through SMB, i'm connecting through USB
- Your using Mac to play it, but my mac has no problems scraping only my openelec box.
- Your hard drive is connected to a computer (effectively - QNap, mine openelec).

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I've got it. Don't know exactly how and why but the point is that the modified time does not change in real time.. I'll explain better... If I copy a file into this folder, the modified time still remains the same. And in fact xbmc skip it during scraping. If I unmount and remount the folder again, the modified time is updated correctly and xbmc works well.
Now the point could be with lion? I can so understand why with the other folder on the same hard disk I'm not experiencing troubles... this folder is normally unmounted, so xbmc connects to the server via smb receiving the right modified times... when a smb folder instead is mounted this is not true!!!
I think it's something new with lion.... :-(
@JMarshall: sorry for wasting your time with my xbmc logs
@pseudo7: let me know if for you is the same.
Turns out according to Mac (the computer that writes to the drive). This time:
Put "Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).m4v" into Folder "C".
After it's transferred finder says the folder was modified seconds ago. Scans into Mac fine.

Doesn't scan into openelec box.

However I think i'll stop perusing this issue as i'm using Dharma and Eden may result in the issue being sorted. Just gotta wait for openelec.

Thanks for all your input JMarshall! Very much appreciated.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[mac] eden beta 2: same bugs0