Extended subtitle delay
Lightbulb 
Hello!

Glenn from Sweden here.

I'm new to XBMC but I really like it so far. Thumbs up everyone who made it possible Big Grin

However, I have a small issue with subtitles.

I have tried several movies and several subtitles, but almost everyone have sync issues. The problem is that I need a couple more seconds to get them to sync correctly. (got the slider all the way to the right but it's not quite there) The limitation in XBMC is 10000ms (correct me if i'm wrong) but if there were a way to bump that number up to 20000ms or even 30000ms my problems would be gone.
Also, I find the location of subtitle options (delay, on/off and such) is placed under the wrong options icon. Shouldn't it be under the subtitle icon where you select/download subs instead of under Audio options? It's a bit confusing and I didn't find it at first.

So if some kind soul could look into this I would be very greatful. I might even consider donating what little money I got into the project.

Background:
I don't mind watching movies with no subtitles, but my girlfriend prefers subs. Before I found XBMC we used Divx Player and everything was fine and dandy until the latest update which made the Divx Player sluggish on my tiny Intel Atom "HTPC". So now I have two options.

1. Build a better HTPC (I really don't want to do that because I can run this one on solar power/batteries and it works great. Besides, I have enough expenses as it is)

2. Find another solution other than Divx Player or other such players.

Well, I found XBMC to run my movies very smoothly so i'd thought I stick with this option. So here I am today...
If there is such a large delay that you need that much of a bump, you're using the wrong subtitles file, or there is something wrong with your setup.
This is what I have in my advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    ..snip..
    <subsdelayrange>1200</subsdelayrange>
    ..snip..
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

..and that gives me WAAAY too much range, but sometimes I need that. Proper subtitles aren't always available and I don't have the patience to edit those files myself.

See: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ayrange.3E
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
paavor:

Is there an easy way to make that file? I followed your link but don't how to create it.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get any notification there was a new reply.
Location of advancedsettings.xml depends your operating system. Take a look of these links:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml

and

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
Thanks for this! I had a media file with subtitles that were 18 seconds out of sync. Paavor's fix did the trick.
(2012-12-15, 07:17)warispeace Wrote: Thanks for this! I had a media file with subtitles that were 18 seconds out of sync. Paavor's fix did the trick.

18 seconds you say? Damn, at that point it might as well have been in Braille lol.
thanks for this tip, very usefull for me !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended subtitle delay0