• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
I hope You dont think, I start to spam here - but I can imagine that someone else is oming later here and is having the same problem.

I made now some tests with an older Version (SPMC 15).

Here ist works with my configuration above (port 445, 25 seconds waitForservice.

The port 3306 does not wake up the NAS -you can see in the spmc.log that there is no wakeup command in that way.

The other point is to use NO pathsubstituation in older versions - otherway you are getting erros and the start of older kodi or SPMC needs some minutes longer.

SaEt9000
(2016-01-10, 12:56)SaEt9000 Wrote: ..
Without the pathsubstituation I am getting over the full start time the kodi-sign on the screen - this I like much more. What can be the reason therefore?

This I guess is a little random, it has to do with the order of initializing various modules and in fact this can be version-dependent also ; it is not certain that a particular order stays the same over time.
It seems that some of the things you redirect by substitution is initialized before showing the kodi-splash, but I cannot say which it is. MySQL is luckily initialized later so visual feedback is therefore little better.

(2016-01-10, 13:59)SaEt9000 Wrote: ..
I made now some tests with an older Version (SPMC 15).
The port 3306 does not wake up the NAS
I think there may be some randomness here also. The issue which is now solved (Jarvis beta 5) was present here and then it could work sometimes and other times not (independent of ping-port setting)

In any case; good that it is now working for you!
Yes - so it is.

Thanks again for your support.
Do you have an advise how to configure now the other parameters in wakeonlan.xml ?

I mean especially this part:

<timeout>x</timeout>
<waitonline>y</waitonline>
<waitonline2>z</waitonline2>

If in understand it right - these are the Paramters,if the NAS is getting sleep, while kodi is running. this cann happen, if you are watching add-ons or live tv or using an other source.

the timeout is making only a WOL-Test - not a magic packet - right? So, why do i need this?
Both waitonline-parameters are for wake up the NAS again. - right? What would you suggest
Waitonline for the time is needed to come back from standby (harddisk is down) ? and waitonline2 for coming back in addition from deep standby?
What is happening between these both steps? Is kodi checking the availibility of the NAS?

Thank You

SaEt9000
I tried to describe the parameters and sequence in another post here ; http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2207391
Please see if that makes sense or you still are uncertain of something.

Quote:.. the timeout is making only a WOL-Test - not a magic packet - right? So, why do i need this?
A new ping-test is made after timeout expired. And if no response then new wakeup-sequence kicks in and wakes server again, so you definitely need it to wake up server on demand.

- for timeout I recommend to use same value as server's idle-timeout before entering sleep-mode
- for waitonline I recommend same as normal server-startup-time from standby until available
- waitonline2 is a 'safety' wait to prolong some more before gining up completely, make it for instance 30sec ..
I have this addon working almost perfectly, the only issue I am having is that when resuming from sleep it does not auto start like it does when opening kodi from the first time. I have tried toggling the switch a few times restarting kodi in between each toggle. Is there anything I can do to fix or debug this? Running stable Kodi 15.2 with Advanced WOL 1.2.5

Thanks for any help
Hi,
First many many thanks for this great App :-)

I run kodi on amazon Fire tv Stick and have the following Problem.
Waking up my server still Works. If My server is up he is still looking on the traffic of his network interface.
If there is low traffic for 20minutes he shuts Down. But If i have the Wake on LAN App active in Kodi (configuration only send wol package on Start) the Server restarts again.

What Can be the reason therefor ?
Hi,
u did great work.
it is possible to run the command everytime I want to play a movie?
My homeserver goes to standby when it is not in use, but kodi is running the whole day.
I want to click on a movie, Advanced WOL wakes up the server and than it starts playing. Possible?
(2012-01-26, 23:49)mandark Wrote: The Addon "Advanced Wake On Lan" allows you to wake up a sleeping computer by sending a WOL magic packet using its ethernet MAC address. It displays a notification if and when the computer is available, or an error message, if the computer did not wake up during a configurable timeout.

Current Version: v1.2.4

Download:
  • The Addon is available via the official XBMC Addon-Repository (in the Program Add-ons-Section)

Thx for great add-on!

I had suggestion to give them a little ++ Big Grin
-It would be nice if the add-on could check continuously a nfs/webdav/samba/cifs destination and if it got no bad reply (avalible data structure), there will be message that the device is fully-wake-up.
In my case I just wake an Zyxel NAS540 NAS system, it needs about 2 minutes to 100% startup the system.
So it would be really nice to if your script can help, before I forget the watch what I wanna watch Big Grin

Would be happy about an reply.

Greetings by HushPeter
Tried searching this thread but not sure I found any answer. I have 2 machines that I need to wake-up periodically. Is there a way to use this add-on to wake up 2 or more devices? If so, please direct me to the info on how. Thanks a lot!
i'm trying to add a favorite to wake my NAS and open a folder... it pops up a message saying the server is awake, and then nothing happens, the folder doesn't open

<favourite name="Films-Serveur">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://FILMS-SERVEUR/Films-Serveur/&quot;,return)</favourite>

what did i do wrong ?
hi;
is there a way to run this as root within kodiHuh
Quite old, but still doing its job.
I have a featurerequest.
Is it possible to check nfs shares?
Issue:
WOL keeps my NAS awake, but attached USB drives go to sleep.
I think, if there was a file check on several nfs shares in periodical time, USB drives keep also awake
I use 2 * WD Live USB drives on my NAS and there is no option or softwareresolution to disable powersaving. Its a WD thing...

thx

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Odroid-N2 CoreElec Kodi 19 with Aeon MQ 8 Mod
Synology DS 218+ (nfs) with Syno-MariaDB 10
Hi,

Can i change the wol port that the addon use ? Usally it is port 9, but my kodi starting is triggered by wol on port 7.

Thanks
(2016-10-01, 13:31)ungovernable Wrote: i'm trying to add a favorite to wake my NAS and open a folder... it pops up a message saying the server is awake, and then nothing happens, the folder doesn't open

<favourite name="Films-Serveur">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://FILMS-SERVEUR/Films-Serveur/&quot;,return)</favourite>

what did i do wrong ?

You need to add ,True) at the end so it will look like this

<favourite name="Films-Serveur">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://FILMS-SERVEUR/Films-Serveur/&quot;,return),True)</favourite>
I'm using WOL (wake on lan) to wake up my server where my multimedia files.

It works great.

It's possible to send some commands to shutting down server at same time i shutdown my Android box?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1