Profiles do not store video settings
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid statement, but the profiles don't store the video settings. I am not sure if profiles were meant to but I have a issue that I am trying to fix.

My set-up is as follows, dual monitors (same size) and a TV (widescreen). So I have two display modes in XBMC. Fullscreen #1 'TV' (@1360X768) and Fullscreen #2 'monitor' (@1980X1080)

So I want to launch XBMC from my monitor or my TV and I have two seperate shortcuts on the desktop to do this.

Although here is the problem... it launches using with the last used video settings.

I had thought that adding a new profile would help in this regard by remembering the different profile settings but it doesn't.

Any way around this problem because I seem to have hit a dead end. I was looking for some type of command line addition to the .exe to force it open on certain monitor with a certain resolution but so far I got nothing.

Any help for a man with too many monitors?! Huh
Well I fixed the problem and here's how to do it if your having similar issues. First off thanks to this random gentleman (http://davor.no-ip.com/blog/tag/batch/) for putting up his batch file which I learned off. Also kudos goes to Blackkat for switching monitors (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44617).

My set up is dual monitors and a TV. I want two shortcuts to launch XBMC on my monitor, or on my TV. The problem is XBMC won't switch between resolution, always remembering the last stored resolution.

The solution is to open your userdata folder located here (on Windows 7)
Quote:C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

Make three new files inside the userdata folder:
Quote:advancedsettings.xml
advancedsettings_tv.xml
advancedsettings_desktop.xml
Open XBMC and configure your video settings for the monitor and exit. You should still have your userdata folder open. Open up guisettings.xml in a text editor and ctrl+f videoscreen. You only need part of this code.
Quote: <videoscreen>
<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>
</videoscreen>

Copy this part into advancedsettings_desktop.xml along with two extra lines of code so it looks like this
Quote:<advancedsettings>

<videoscreen>
<screenmode>DESKTOP</screenmode>
</videoscreen>

</advancedsettings>
You still with me? Good, now save advancedsettings_desktop.xml and open XBMC again. This time configure for your TV and exit. Do the same steps as above and save it in the different file advancedsettings_tv.xml. My "screenmode" came up as '10136000768060.00000', thats a bit odd but use whatever XBMC stores in guisettings.xml

Almost finished! Make two new files inside the XBMC folder:
Quote:xbmc_desktop.bat
xbmc_tv.bat
Edit xbmc_desktop.bat using a text editor and put in this code and save it.
Quote:@echo off
@copy "C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings_desktop.xml" "C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml" /Y
start xbmc.exe
This code will launch your XBMC on your desktop with your desktop resolution.

Finally edit xbmc_tv.bat using a text editor and put in this code and save it.
Quote:@echo off
@copy "C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings_tv.xml" "C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml" /Y
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend
start /WAIT xbmc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external
This will launch XBMC on an external display with the TV resolution.

That's it, hope it helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles do not store video settings0