Problem with Eharmony remote
Hi all!

First of all i'd like to say XBMC is excellent and the support on here is also fantastic.

Though, I have recently setup an HTPC, but am experiencing a weird problem with my harmony remote.

I have it setup and connecting to my HTPC, but every time I press a key in XBMC (ie "up") to change from say Program to Video, the put key I press just continues to press, almost like it's being held down, but i'm not. Once it gets into this state its impossible to get it out of without powering it down.

If you perss up, it will continue to move up, untill you press down, then it will continue to move down.

Has anybody seen this issue before? Or have any idea how it can be fixed?

Any help would be mostly appreciated. I cant seem to find much on this issue.

Thanks for reading

IdioTeQuE
Sorry, not eharmony, harmony remote Smile

I'm not trying to use a dating site on my HTPC Tongue
Freudian slip, perhaps?

Anyway, I had the same issue, and changin both key delay and OS keyboard repeat tiems worked for me. I have my Harmony remote at the second-loswet repeat number, and my OS as the third-lowest. Sorry, I cannot recall the actual nubmers, adn am not near my HTPC. But fool aroudn witht ehsettings a bit.
Probably not the same as you are talking about, but my 520 occasionally has the channel up/down button stick, and it scrolls on forever until I press it again.
It might happen several times a day, or not happen for months.
I have not used it for XBMC, however, yet.
do you guys have a plasma tv?
if yes -> bad luck, it's interfering with the ir signals from the remote

if not
try to eliminate any delays in the settings of the harmony remote
use the help assistant in the harmony software to set the number of sent commands per keypress to 1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Eharmony remote0