Fanart the same for all movies.
Hi everyone,

Fairly new to XBMC and this is my first post. I have serached for a solution to my problem but don't seem to be able to find one, hope somebody can help me.

I am using Eden beta 2 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I added my movies and used the TMDB.org scraper. All of my movies have the correct titles, cast and plot outline etc, but the fanart is the same for every movie. When I select movie information for each movie they are all set to current fanart (which is the same image as the local fanart option) and all show the same image. There are remote images available which are correct for the movie selected and I can select it and it shows up correctly. Do I have to do this for every movie? I have over 400 titles and this may take some time!

I am currently using the transparancey skin, but have tried others and they all do the same. I have unistalled and re-installed a few times (removed user data each time) but without success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Star 
markpeo Wrote:Do I have to do this for every movie? I have over 400 titles and this may take some time!
No you should not have to manually add fanart, the scraper should automagically pick them up for each movie. I'm trusting that your movies are in separate movie name folders, and that you have 'set content' for the scrape, and the 'settings' for the scrape include to download fan art.

I certainly would give the IMdb scraper a shot... the settings portion is much more elaborate. And of course the plugin Artwork Downloader does a great job at integrating with the skin T!, and once configured will auto get all the fanart your heart desires.

Failing all this... a proper debug log, of the action would be needed posted to pastebin.com and link to a forum message

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Hi PatK,

Thanks for your reply. My movies are all in one directory, is this a problem? I will try the IMdb scraper. I have already tried the Artwork Downloader plugin but I get the same result.
Keep separate movies (or series, if you like) in their own folder. Each fodler has its' own fanart fodler.
Thanks guys, I created a folder for each movie and now it works perectly. At one point I did have the correct fanart showing for each movie before I created a folder for each file. Hey ho, it doesn't matter now.

Thanks again.
Ran into this same issue recently; also after shifting folders around.

The simple cause my side was the existence of a left-over 'fanart.jpg' file in the folder containing my movies. The scraper detects it and assumes that it's the Fan-Art image for all movies in that folder.

Deleted it, re-scraped the folder, and back in business.

Of course separating movies into their own folders - as per the posts above - would side-step this issue to begin with :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart the same for all movies.0