Quirk with "un-cancelable cancel"
Don't know any other way to put it than that.

-Windows 7
-XBMC Eden B3

I didn't see the "movie sets" comment about having to "enable" movie sets, even thought I hand hard coded them into the .nfo files, so I decided to remove my movie source and then reload it.

So Video>Files then I right clicked on Movies to "Remove from library".

The pop up comes up as it always has with the status bar & the cancel button beneath.

As it was running, I saw the comments about movie sets, so I clicked on "cancel" to stop the cleaning of the database (was like 2% into the cleanup).

Click - click - clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky CLICK. Nothing. Clicking to close the popup results in the same non-action.

Somewhere along the way, this has become a cosmetic cancel.

Sure it is an easy fix with like 1 line of code a little askew Wink
I actually laughed white reading this post, people are now looking at me strangly Eek
Mainly because in its obscurity it's one of the most accurate posts I've ever read Laugh

It was as if I was explaining this exact issue... to myself.

I completely agree with the above, I now just alt f4 XBMC down now rather than press cancel as it either freezes when I press cancel or just looks at me and does nothing.
It seems strange that bugs like this, the exit bug, audio bug etc all still exist.

But I feel your pain and enjoyed your post Big Grin
PatrickBateman Wrote:It seems strange that bugs like this, the exit bug, audio bug etc all still exist.

Just have a look at how many active windows devs we have and you know the answer. I think its also said many times that this is hobby work. Some of us have stressful day jobs and not everyday the time to contribute to XBMC. And we have friends too Shocked
At last not all problems are reproducible on a dev setup nor we have the mood to fix it (something else may have attracted us).
Finally the best way to get it fixed is learn coding and submitting bug fixes. Big Grin After all this is a community project and we need the help of other devs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo, do you want me to put this in as a bug?

My db import from my backup is at 97% right now (only 5 hours now Oo ) so I should know in another 15 minutes or so if it is actually doing what it should.

I posted it more about the irony that the cancel button was unable to be cancelled than a real issue.

If it takes and displays movies using my hard-coded sets, I will do some more poking around, since I am really good at breaking stuff Wink
Sure and how to reproduce with a full debug log.
But as written we aren't many on the dark side so hopefully this bug is reproducible on other platforms too for getting more devs involved.
But trying to get the bug fixed by yourself would be the most valuable part Laugh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Just have a look at how many active windows devs we have and you know the answer. I think its also said many times that this is hobby work. Some of us have stressful day jobs and not everyday the time to contribute to XBMC. And we have friends too Shocked
At last not all problems are reproducible on a dev setup nor we have the mood to fix it (something else may have attracted us).
Finally the best way to get it fixed is learn coding and submitting bug fixes. Big Grin After all this is a community project and we need the help of other devs.

I only said I find it strange... Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quirk with "un-cancelable cancel"0