XBMC do not add new movie to existing library anymore?
Hi,

I have setup my entire library with Ember and followed the XBMC guidelines for what information to store.

I have set XBMC to update library at startup from the added shares and it do run a update as usual.

The problem is that the new movies is never added? Its like it never finds it? If I however enter Videos and browse my way down to the movies I can see then with thumbs and backdrop (no info however).

This is what I save on all my movies :

extrathumbs (folder)
- thumb1.jpg (fanart backdrop)
- fanart.jpg (same as in the folder)
- folder.jpg
- movie.nfo
- poster.jpg
- [videoname].mkv
- [videoname].jpg
- [videoname].srt

This has worked great before but after I got the server reinstalled(Windows7) it does not work any more?

XBMC is running on a Zontac computer with windows 7 and I have mapped 3 networks drivers from my server, its there networks drivers (x,y,z) that is used within XBMC to get to the shares. When reinstalling the server the same shares is shared and it is mapped with the exact driverletters in Windows7 on the Zotac.

It is no problem with the existing library, I can see all infor and I can run the movies. The only problem is that it does not find the new movies when running a update library?

Pleas help
I have had a somewhat similar issue since changing over to Eden.

When I scan, I get most of the movies, but not all.

So whenever I add movies to my server pool, I write the list down in an excel sheet, go to the HTPC, scan, then check the list against the library.

For the random ones which don't scan in, here is what I do:

- Go to Videos > Files
- Scroll to the movie which is missing
- Right click and select "Movie Information"

When you do this, it will take couple seconds, as XBMC looks at the nfo and drags in the info.

Close the popup with the movie info

Rinse, and repeat on the remainders

Then go to Videos > Movies, and they should be there.

Been my work around.

It sucks that you don't get ANY of them to pull in, especially when you have lots (dozens) of movies to drag in at a time.

When I get on a movie bender, I usually drop in ~ 30 movies at a time, and probably 4-5 don't make it in and need hand loading.

Not a complete solution, but a decent band-aide.
Thanks! I will keep that in mind.

I removed all the meta data for a couple of movies and made ember refetch them. This did however not solve the problem.

But then suddenly it worked when I when to Videos > Movie share and update library.

No idea why it did not work all the other times.
The only way it will consistently work for me is rather than doing a full library update is to go to video/files on the home menu, then highlight movies bring up context menu then choose scan for new content. Then do the same for television shows. This has been working for me every time since update to eden. But full library scan only finds some content but rarely all.
gcdlz Wrote:The only way it will consistently work for me is rather than doing a full library update is to go to video/files on the home menu, then highlight movies bring up context menu then choose scan for new content. Then do the same for television shows. This has been working for me every time since update to eden. But full library scan only finds some content but rarely all.

This is the way it works for me to last time.

But now Im there again, the new series and movies is not added even if I follow your suggestion.

Maby its time to place a bug on this?
I am probably the only person who made this "rookie" mistake but since I came to this post looking for a solution I just wanted to comment on what was happening to me.

I was having an embolism trying to find Thor after adding it to xbmc because it was hiding from me. It was showing up in the files area, correctly named and everything but not in the library. Finally I realized that I couldn't find it because I have xbmc set up to group movies in sets and it had grouped Thor with Captain America and was under the title of Avengers collection Angry
I did something even more boneheaded...

I could not figure out why a movie would not add from an automated scan even though I had changed a few directory names on my server and those files were scanning in just fine. I followed the advice above to navigate through Videos-Files to find it and discovered that I had put the wrong year in the directory name (2011 instead of 2012).

After correcting the directory name and giving it another chance, the automated scan detected it just fine and added it to the library. Hope this relieves another fool's headache someday. :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC do not add new movie to existing library anymore?0