Low Volume in XBMC not Windows
Sad 
I'm having trouble in Dharma and Eden Beta 3. I'm running Win 7 32-bit on an ASRock mobo with Realtek HD Audio (an Eskro build). For some reason sound levels are just fine in Windows but in XBMC they are really low. I have to turn my receiver almost all the way up to get a normal volume. I should point out that Movies (streaming .mkv from NAS) sound fine at an expected volume level. They stream from the same NAS as my music. Internet videos, Pandora, music files, etc. are all low volume.

I have tried using the HDMI output on the HTPC and the optical output on the HTPC. Same result. I think I have my settings right and everything. I've tried turning on and off the "boost volume on downmix"

It seems similar to this thread but there are no solutions.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...low+volume
Have you tried pressing + or F10 on the keyboard to make sure the XBMC volume is turned up?

JR
I feel like such a noob, but that fixed it! I had no idea that XBMC had its own volume control. I thought it used Windows' volume control. I guess movies were using Windows but everything else used XBMC. I adjusted XBMC and now everything is good! Thank you so much, that has been driving me crazy!

Big Grin
XBMC isn't supposed to have it's own volume control. It uses Windows master volume. At least that's the way it came on my setup.
StinDaWg Wrote:XBMC isn't supposed to have it's own volume control. It uses Windows master volume. At least that's the way it came on my setup.

When freshly installed the XBMC volume is set at maximum. It's not uncommon for users to press - or F9 without realising and reduce the volume.

JR
Just wanted to state in case someone sees this, the volume in XBMC is NOT the same as windows volume (I thought it was). I had to hold the + sign on my keyboard to set the volume to max since I use EventGhost to increase/decrease windows volume with the remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Volume in XBMC not Windows0