Eden CPU usage?
Didn't eden add the event based rendering? I swear when I tried beta 1, there was 0 cpu usage when idle, but yesterday when I played with beta 3, there was 25% usage when idle just like dharma has. Am I crazy? Did eden not add this feature? Am I doing something wrong in my beta 3 test? I just brought up task manager while at the home screen and looked at xbmc's cpu usage.
yea same thing happens to me, when it is idling on the first home view on xperience1080 skin my fans kick in and ready to take off!

If i go into system view it calms down!
krish_2k4 Wrote:yea same thing happens to me, when it is idling on the first home view on xperience1080 skin my fans kick in and ready to take off!

If i go into system view it calms down!

Dirty regions isn't enabled by default. I have mine set to 1 and almost have none CPU usage.There are still some small issues with option 1 so maybe best to try option 3 first
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Dirty regions isn't enabled by default. I have mine set to 1 and almost have none CPU usage.There are still some small issues with option 1 so maybe best to try option 3 first

damn, this solved it! my cpu usage dropped steeply!

I always assumed dirty regions was enabled my default!

Here is the wiki if anyone wants to know how to enable it.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ty_regions
Awesome! Thank you both!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden CPU usage?0