Random Endless music playback; How please?
Can I get XBMC to play my music randomly and endlessly?
Hello,

The way that I do this is to create a "smart playlist" of whatever genre(s) I want played from my library. Add it to "Favorites". From there I can add it to one of the submenus. You can get it to play a couple ways. Some skins can be set to automatically play a playlist when it is selected. You can also press "c" on your keyboard or the corresponding key on your remote and then press "play". This will start your playlist and keep playing until you stop it or you run out of songs (depends on your smart playlist rules).
You may also to be able to select your music folder and once again, press "c" and that folder will start playing random songs from within that folder. I know this can be done with the TV Show and Movie folders, but I have not tried with music folders. I assume you can do this.

If you select a playlist then press the "left" key, a menu should open up. Make sure that shuffle or random is selected in the menu. I am not in front of my pc right now, but there should be some sort of setting for this there.

Mark
Is there any way to get party mode to play more then 10 songs? Say .. all of them?
Sorry...I don't use party mode.

Mark
Anyone have any suggestions?
Partymode always plays endlessly until you stop it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Endless music playback; How please?0