eden 3 freeze on database update
jmarshall Wrote:Unfortunately it looks like you don't have debug logging on (Settings->System->Debugging)

What (if any) databases were created in sql from that run? Any at all?

here is the new log without me being a moron, debugging is on now
http://pastebin.com/SpqC3FD6

2 databases are built after xbmc loads:
mymusic16
myvideos60

xbmc refuses to scan anything into the library and when i set content it forgets my selections as soon as im done setting it.
The databases seem to be created perfectly - great.

Next step is figuring out why it's not scanning. Take a nosy in your myvideos60 database - it should have 'C:\\Movies\\' in the path table, and there should be content set on it (to themoviedb scraper). What is in that path on your filesystem?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The databases seem to be created perfectly - great.

Next step is figuring out why it's not scanning. Take a nosy in your myvideos60 database - it should have 'C:\\Movies\\' in the path table, and there should be content set on it (to themoviedb scraper). What is in that path on your filesystem?

Cheers,
Jonathan

How can i view the details of the database?

c:\movies has my movies in it. if i scrape that path without advancedsettings.xml it finds them fine.
found it, here is the path table
http://pastebin.com/MRJe0WNP
Seems odd that it's not scanning then, as everything is perfect in the db.

You've tried context -> scan for new content I guess? A debug log might reveal something.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Seems odd that it's not scanning then, as everything is perfect in the db.

You've tried context -> scan for new content I guess? A debug log might reveal something.

there is no option for scan for new content as there is no library period when advancedsettings.xml is there. i try to set content and it runs a scan and ends immediately. when i click set content again its back to none instead of movies.
this debug log i did set content and scan as well:
http://pastebin.com/SpqC3FD6
That debug log shows you setting content, and it attempting to run an autoscan (which didn't seem to do anything). It does not, however, show you attempting to run a scan via context -> scan for new content, which should be there as the path is in the table...

I'd like another log file to confirm that if you don't mind, as something very, very odd is occurring otherwise.

jmarshall Wrote:That debug log shows you setting content, and it attempting to run an autoscan (which didn't seem to do anything). It does not, however, show you attempting to run a scan via context -> scan for new content, which should be there as the path is in the table...

I'd like another log file to confirm that if you don't mind, as something very, very odd is occurring otherwise.

I deleted all sources and rebuilt them, still not working right but at least you can see it all in the debug log
http://pastebin.com/YZWbNR6h

there is no scan for new content option. This is all i have:

Queue item
Play
Add to favourites
Mark as unwatched
Mark as watched
Update library
Set content
ARRRGGHGHH!!!!

It's because your files are win32 paths, and the path separator screws up mysql.

Do not use win32 paths (eg use local smb paths) -> problem solved.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:ARRRGGHGHH!!!!

It's because your files are win32 paths, and the path separator screws up mysql.

Do not use win32 paths (eg use local smb paths) -> problem solved.

Cheers,
Jonathan

this worked!

i originally had them set up as smb paths when it was dharma. feel kinda retarded now.

thank you for all your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
eden 3 freeze on database update0