will this work in canada
Question 
Just wondering if XBMC plugings like amazon,hulu,icefilms,ex,ex work in Canada.I just installed it a couple days ago and have spent a lot time trying to figure this out. It would save me a lot of time if i know. I keep getting script failed.I have managed to get some working but most will not play.Iam running windows 7 64bit service pack 1.Hope someone can help me.Hope i put this in the right forum.thanks "keper {newbie}"
Welcome to the forums. I don't know of any specific list of addons which are region-specific, I suppose the only way is to try. Given that they're outside the control of XBMC and can change status at any time it would be hard to track them all.

Two examples might be the old weather provider (started to charge for service) and AllMusic as a music scraper (started to deny use of material due to copyright issues). While these weren't region-specific it does show how things outside of XBMC affect it.

Since you're new here be aware that any discussion of IceFilms specifically or piracy in general is forbidden here in the forums as part of XBMC's Piracy Policy! Such posts or threads are immediately deleted.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for your quick response,and your example.I will take note of xbmc piracy policy thank you again.I will keep messing around with it. keper
Star 
I should mention the plugin 'Canada On Demand' although an older plugin with many links that don't work, there is a lot that do. Mostly any web content that is geo locked in your browser will not work in a plugin. Navi-X has continuing changes in their content and updates are such, that on occasion the geo locks don't work.. but this can also be said for most of the other plugins. Check out the 'Live Streams' plugins which is always in a state of flux with a user based streaming library.
Glad to help - and if you want some TV shows search the forum for CanadaOnDemand - a nice little package.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank you_ One quick question,what is geo locked and how do i stay away from it.Keper
keper Wrote:Thank you_ One quick question,what is geo locked and how do i stay away from it.Keper

That's funny Ned!

Seriously? Set up a US-based proxy. Geo-locking (once the itching stops Laugh) means it checks your IP for region and locks you out if you don't meet their criteria.
HA Ha Can you use a ip blocker {NOT GOLD BOND} but there are numerous ones out there. keper
keper Wrote:HA Ha Can you use a ip blocker {NOT GOLD BOND} but there are numerous ones out there. keper

It's unlikely to work with most, but give it a whirl. I'd expect they watch for that, or at least positive id of region.
I will give it a try.I will try it with hulu. I am pretty sure it does not work in Canada.I will post what I find,it might take me a while to find a suitable blocker. keper

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
will this work in canada0