Xbmc will not play any movie over my network but series are "half working"
Hi! First of all i want to apologize for my bad English but i hope you will understand anyway.

So some facts. I've got a new Zotac Zbox AD02 with the Amd Fusion, placed in the living room and it's connected to the TV.
It runs smoothly and Xbmc is working fine, with movies stored at the local ssd.

My problem is that i can't store all of my movies on that tiny SSD. So i have all of my movies stored at my stationary computer in the bedroom.

To the problem: When i try to start a movie it's just loading/working and after a minute or little longer i get a message that says "Problem loading file, check log for more info" or something like that. But when i start a serie of for example, big bang theory, it starts after 20 sec. But it only plays around 5-10sec and then it buffer. I have a Dir 855 router and the wireless network in the Zotac supports g/b/n etc.

My brother streams all of my movies to his computer without any problems. So why doesn't it work with the Zotac?

There's the log file.
http://pastebin.com/t8gbDrvz

Please help me!
Is the rar compressed? If so XBMC has to read the entire RAR before it can extract the film, and over a wireless link that can take a long time. Try extracting the RAR (on the server) and see if the extracted MKV will play.

If the wireless is working well there should be no problems playing even 1080p videos over the wireless, but especially with cheap wireless NICs the performance can be truly awful. Try copying a file from your server onto the HTP and see how long it takes to copy. That will give you some idea of the real speed of your wireless link.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Is the rar compressed? If so XBMC has to read the entire RAR before it can extract the film, and over a wireless link that can take a long time. Try extracting the RAR (on the server) and see if the extracted MKV will play.

If the wireless is working well there should be no problems playing even 1080p videos over the wireless, but especially with cheap wireless NICs the performance can be truly awful. Try copying a file from your server onto the HTP and see how long it takes to copy. That will give you some idea of the real speed of your wireless link.

JR

So, i unpacked a movie and started it over wifi. This time it take only seconds to start but the buffering is still there. You think that an external wifi adapter could fix my problem?
Problem fixed! I got myself an Dlink usb wifi adapter and now everything is working great! Thanks for the help! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc will not play any movie over my network but series are "half working"0