[iOS] Build to support Retina display?
danfozzy Wrote:Just installed it on my ipad2, menu is sharper and folder art is loads sharper! Didn't think it would make any difference!

Easy way to install is just use ifile to install it for you

this should only affect devics with retina display (ipone4, iphone4s, ipod4g)... i really doubt that it makes any difference on ipad or ipad2 which have the same non-retina resolution
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
basslover Wrote:Hey Memphiz definitely need to merge this code into the next release!

Thats not in my hands - we are in feature freeze - i prooved it latly with ios volume control - new features of any sort won't make it into eden, but will be merged shortly after (and will be there in post eden nightlys then).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Linusyang, I will be looking forward to more posts from you! We see a lot of posters asking when the devs are going to fix something. We see very very few actually fixing things themselves.

Thanks for the exciting contribution!
Memphiz Wrote:this should only affect devics with retina display (ipone4, iphone4s, ipod4g)... i really doubt that it makes any difference on ipad or ipad2 which have the same non-retina resolution

That's what I thought, but try it, u will see a difference!
On my ipad1 it looks exactly the same as before. Well like expected this time. Maybe iPAD2 already has a retina display and nobody knew Wink
I tried on the iPad2 and it's also the same as before as expected.
It's even more bulky than the official 11b3 build.
Thumbs Up 
parkerlreed Wrote:Thank you so very much! Big Grin

Looks beautiful now.
It does. But is it just me or is the aspect ratio of the default skin looks a bit off (even the circle buttons looks oval)?

linusyang, I can't thank you enough. I liked xbmc on my iphone 4 before, but now I LOVE it.
retina doesn't change aspect ratio. It doubles the resolution in x and y direction. (number of pixels is 4 times bigger then).

480x320 = ratio 6:4
960x640 = ratio 6:4
BarakRL Wrote:It does. But is it just me or is the aspect ratio of the default skin looks a bit off (even the circle buttons looks oval)?

linusyang, I can't thank you enough. I liked xbmc on my iphone 4 before, but now I LOVE it.

It's always been that way. It's because the skin was made for the iPad which has a slightly different aspect ratio than iPhone or iPod touch.
good job menu text are much clear
THANK YOU! I waited for this so long. Love XBMC even more now!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
can you please do a retina RC1 build? thanks!
I'm considering doing a "IOS/ATV2 nextgen" build. This might be RC1 + retina + volume control + repeated keypresses. And i would this add to a sticky thread to the top of the forum. Same with RC2 and Eden Release.

But atm i'm not sure if my dropbox can handle the load when all of you jump on it Wink. Have to check with davilla first ...
Thumbs Up 
Memphiz Wrote:I'm considering doing a "IOS/ATV2 nextgen" build. This might be RC1 + retina + volume control + repeated keypresses. And i would this add to a sticky thread to the top of the forum. Same with RC2 and Eden Release.

But atm i'm not sure if my dropbox can handle the load when all of you jump on it Wink. Have to check with davilla first ...

ROCK ON!!Cool
Memphiz Wrote:I'm considering doing a "IOS/ATV2 nextgen" build. This might be RC1 + retina + volume control + repeated keypresses. And i would this add to a sticky thread to the top of the forum. Same with RC2 and Eden Release.

yes yes yes please!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iOS] Build to support Retina display?0