Problem retrieving movie information

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
miraclemaker Offline
Hi guys I have XBMC installed on Ubuntu 11.04 on an Asus E35M1-I (AMD E350 Zacate), which I managed by following these instructions. According to my remote control I have 'XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:unknown'.

Everythign worked well when I first installed by now I find new movies that I copy over no longer appear in my library.

If I try and do a manual update by navigating to Videos > Files and then selecting 'scan for new content' via the title menu I get an error message:

Quote:Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?

Looking at my add-ons under System > Settings > Add-ons > Installed Add-ons > Movie information I can see I have 'The MovieDB' installed. I have version 2.0.1, and it's marked as 'update available'.

If I chose the 'update' option it causes XBMC to crash out and I'm returned to the desktop.
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
Try removing addons15.db from the userdata folder.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

and restart. You should get some updates coming in probably

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
find quote
miraclemaker Offline
Thanks, I think I've fixed it. I updated to build 65 from alexandr-surkov/xbmc (think I was running build 44). That came with v3.0.0 of movie information and I was able to successfully update to 3.0.9 via the add-ons menu.

Thanks for your help!
find quote