Updating help please - Dharma to Eden
Hi all

I am running XBMC Dharma 10.1 on Win XP. (its brilliant!)

I have been running 10.1 for a good while now and im just not too sure on how to update when the full stable release of eden 11.0 arrives.

I would like to try and update to the beta 3 version just to try it out.

Is it just a case of downloading the beta 3 release .exe file and running it to update and overwrite the 10.1 version... or is there some steps i need to do first - backups or anything like that.

Thanks... and sorry for such a newbie question! - as i just want to do the update correctly.
Hi there,

The upgrade process is quite painless. Eden will create new databases and copy your existing data into them. Generally this is seemless and you will still have the old databases in case of any issues.

One feature of Eden is that add-ons are automatically updated, and most have been upgraded for Eden, so that also is quite transparant.

If you want to be extra careful, simply rename your XBMC program directory and then go ahead and install. Your original databases will still be there and you can roll back easily if you have any difficulties.

I think you'll find yourself happy once the upgrade is done - lot's of great new features Big Grin
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating help please - Dharma to Eden0