Any CableCard supported backends for Windows?
I just picked up an HD HomeRun Prime with CableCard support. I am having an awful time finding an XBMC backend that is compatible with Windows AND CableCard? Anybody have any ideas?
Mediaportal probably... But you'll only get the ClearQAM channels. Nothing else is licensed for the encrypted channels (except Microsoft Media Center but that's no backend).
There is a MythTV build for Windows that will also work, but as Kirby99 already indicated you will only get the ClearQAM channels.
Kirky99 Wrote:Mediaportal probably... But you'll only get the ClearQAM channels. Nothing else is licensed for the encrypted channels (except Microsoft Media Center but that's no backend).

Any idea which types of channels would be ClearQAM? I did a QAM scan on ForTheRecord and Mediaportal and only got about maybe 30 channels? I have Verizon Fios and don't care as much about recording as I do about just having the Live TV option.
30 sounds about right. The clearQAM channels will typically be your local ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX affiliates plus PBS and local stations. When it comes to encrypted channels watching live TV vs. recording won't matter to the backend/frontend solution you decide to go with.

If you stick with the CableCard plan Windows Media Center will be your only option for watching the encrypted channels.

Check out - http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any CableCard supported backends for Windows?0