Private Tracker Search Intergrations
Pardon in advanced my english is only moderate.

I would like to suggest what I think would be a great addition if its possible. I notice that a lot of torrent trackers use generic tracker scripts thus integrating to most sites could be rather simple.

I would like to see popular sites such as What.cd (I assume most know what it is.) How nice would it be that if I wanted to listen to music I could simply "Search" from within XBMC and it could display all the options etc and I would be able to press which one I wanted and keep track of which ones I already had. It could also "scrape" the album art thats already on the page and there is information that could be scraped too. Think of how cool the collages would look if they were fully tiled on XBMC. There are a few Chrome Add-ons that scrape the album art for the cd's too that could be used.

Then think about lets say movie trackers that have IDMB integration similar things could be done such as search for a actor by name or title etc.

I am sure this would not be a simple task and I for one would have no idea where to start but its a suggestion. Obviously it would require a torrent client in the background for seeding/leeching aspect of it but it could easily get rid of the use of a web browser if done correctly.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Never going to be a part of the core. Putting something like this would make it look like XBMC encourages piracy, which goes against their policy.
YodaEXE Wrote:Never going to be a part of the core. Putting something like this would make it look like XBMC encourages piracy, which goes against their policy.

Thanks for the response. I am unsure why this would be worse than say "CouchPotato" which actually automatically downloads torrents for you? I am not suggesting we endorse Piracy but simply we build an add-on that allows integration of commonly used tracker scripts without endorsing any specific site. For example build an add-on that enables easy integration of sites using Gazell ( http://what.cd/gazelle/ ) and other "popular" scripts. No need to cater to one specific site. Who is to say I don't want to join a local high school sports tracker which happens to use gazelle?
he said core not addon...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Private Tracker Search Intergrations0