Remote quits working
I'm using EventGhost with XBMC, and I'm not sure if this is a system problem? EventGhost issue? XBMC? or what... I tried posting it on the EventGhost forum but, sadly, that forum is 100% useless. I've posted a few questions on that site and never received a reply to anything and it's been a few months.

Anyway, running Win7 64bit and at random times I get

MCE_Vista: MceIr pipe is not available, app doesn't seem to be running
Will continue to try to connect to MceIr
Message = The system cannot find the file specified.

This shows in the EG log... and no way to restart it apart from, restarting the whole computer. Sometimes I'll go a week without instance, some time a few times a day it happens. I have tried formatting my system and re-installing and still an issue.

Figured this forum is very helpful and likely many users have EventGhost... anyone have any ideas what causes this? how to fix/avoid it?

Huh
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
If you're using an HP remote you don't need to use EventGhost. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for details.

JR
I have my PC running 2 monitors, my PC screen where I'm now typing this, and a Sony 40". I was told EG was the only way to have it such that when XBMC is running I don't have to mouse click to make that window active for the remote to work. Sometimes I'm running both screens at the same time.

I tried the XBMC remote plugin originally which worked fine, but, wouldn't allow me to turn on XBMC, I still had to go to the computer and start it.

Plus, half that link made 0 sense to me.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Ah, OK, Eventghost is the only way to route remote signals to XBMC if it doesn't have the focus.

JR
Ya... hopefully I save up enough soon to get a MAC Pro, at which time this system gets put into a nicer case and setup as a devoted media player for the TV.

Until then, that MceIr Pipe thing, must have some sort of fix or cause... but no one seems to know what.

A week ago I bought a few used parts and did an upgrade... new motherboard, processor and ram so, eliminates any of those as being the cause. Also bought a legit copy of Win7 a few days ago (last copy was a trial), formatted my system and installed that and all updates and still same issue... gotta be something on here that does it.
No one? I'm the only one who gets this?
Have you tried unplugging the IR receiver and re-plugging it in? Restarting EventGhost?

I would try to do both, and see if either fixes the issue.
Only 'fix' that I've found online so far is to restart the system.

I've tried unplugging and restarting EG but doesn't do anything, which is why I'm not sure if a system thing or EG, or what.

Recently (2 weeks ago) upgraded my system a bit, new motherboard so, eliminates it being a USB port issue. Plus I have a USB PCI card and I have the same issue on both the card and onboard.

Win7 has been reinstalled 3x since I started using EG as well.

What's more confusing is that sometimes it'll give that error within a minute of startup, I'll have it happen 3-4 times in a day... then... not a single issue for 1-2 weeks. Initially thought it was a program in particular that triggered it, but directly after startup before XBMC is even launched is strange.

When I had WinXP for a few months I don't think it ever happened. Upgraded to Win7 though because I wanted 64bit and hardware acceleration.

Maybe the HP receiver? I do notice some times in the EG log a bunch of entries as though the receiver was picking up random/unknown signals... but... no other remotes or devices around.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote quits working0