completely clear out movie and music library?
Question 
I can't seem to find a clear answer for this. I want to completely clear out my movie library so that there are no entries in it at all. Then I want to rebuild the library, by using new sources (new shares).

I've tried the "Clean Library" under System, Settings, but that doesn't seem to do it.

So: how do I do this. Do I need to exit XBMC and delete a file somewhere? I found that by deleting "mymusic16.db" removes my music library, and so I could go to Music, Files, add my new source, and tell it to "Scan Item to Library". So that will rebuild my music library.

Still don't know how to clear out only the movie portion of my videos library.

Thanks
The exact same way. The video database would have been the myvideos*.db. You'll want to get rid of all of them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The exact same way. The video database would have been the myvideos*.db. You'll want to get rid of all of them.

So there's no way to just clear the Movies library? If I delete the myvideos*.db, I'll also be deleting the TV show library, which I don't need to clear. I'll have to rebuild both Movies and TV Shows libraries, and that's more time consuming than just rebuilding one library.
delete * from movie; would move someway towards it. You'd also want to clean up the movielink* tables as well, and then the tables they link to.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:delete * from movie; would move someway towards it. You'd also want to clean up the movielink* tables as well, and then the tables they link to.

That's a SQL command? (or SQLLite) Yeah, I don't feel comfortable doing that. :-) Oh, well, I'll just delete the myvideos*.db, and let it rebuild overnight, I guess ...

Thanks
Just export your video lib to a single file/folder structure, then delete all the movies from the resulting XML file (and probably any paths from the path section of said XML file).

Then kill your db files, reload XBMC so it recreates them, import from your editted XML and you now have your TV shows back.

Go to your "sourcefolder" C(menu)->Change Source->none
jmarshall Wrote:Just export your video lib to a single file/folder structure, then delete all the movies from the resulting XML file (and probably any paths from the path section of said XML file).

Then kill your db files, reload XBMC so it recreates them, import from your editted XML and you now have your TV shows back.

That sounds like a good idea! I will try that later. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
completely clear out movie and music library?0