Stop pause fast/forward
Hi all
please can any one help .i have appletv2 .. when playing any movie ,i can pause it stop it and ff it by seconds , but none of the other buttons work . so if i wanted to fast forward a movie by 30 mins ,i am unable to do this my question is should i be able to or is that just how things are ??
thank you
By default you can't do it, but you can edit the Apple TV keymap so that you can set the buttons to do basically whatever you want. Most people change the up and down keys to BigStepForward and BigStepBack (which does it by 10 minutes) but you can also change the length of the "bigstep". More info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
wasn't there a default mapping to hold key right for jump 30 secs (due to missing key repeats you have to do this for each 30sec jump) ... only a really thing remembering here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
deanmv Wrote:By default you can't do it, but you can edit the Apple TV keymap so that you can set the buttons to do basically whatever you want. Most people change the up and down keys to BigStepForward and BigStepBack (which does it by 10 minutes) but you can also change the length of the "bigstep". More info here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2
Thank you for info i will check it out
plendil Wrote:Thank you for info i will check it out
Oh my , its all over my head im a newbie and iv just looked at that info and was lost after the first 2 words.

is there another way
thank you
Not that I know of, just SSH into your Apple TV (using Cyberduck or WinSCP) and then navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/.

There will be a file in there called Joystick.AppleRemote.xml and you need to open that in a text editor and change:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <button id="1">VolumeUp</button>
      <button id="2">VolumeDown</button>

to

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
      <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
Set Up
Thank you
i think i will be able to do this now you have shown me,its much clearer the way you have laid it out .. i will give it a go tomorrow and let you know
thank you so much for your help
deanmv Wrote:Not that I know of, just SSH into your Apple TV (using Cyberduck or WinSCP) and then navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/.

There will be a file in there called Joystick.AppleRemote.xml and you need to open that in a text editor and change:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
      <button id="1">VolumeUp</button>
      <button id="2">VolumeDown</button>

to

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
      <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
That file did not exist for me. Is it supposed to? I created one from the link above but some things do not seem to work (e.g., bookmarks).

Michael
Tinmania Wrote:That file did not exist for me. Is it supposed to? I created one from the link above but some things do not seem to work (e.g., bookmarks).

Michael

It should be there, as far as I know it installs when you install XBMC if not then the standard Apple remote would not be able to work in the first place...
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:It should be there, as far as I know it installs when you install XBMC if not then the standard Apple remote would not be able to work in the first place...

Definitely not there. That location had nothing in it till I added it. It must be the correct location as does indeed seem to be reading the xml file.

Oh well, I'm going to leave it. I think my issue was more getting used to the changes than anything else (e.g., I used to hold center button during a video to bring up the on-screen controls; now I just have to press it once--pressing once used to pause).

Michael
Big step forward will be great, will be trying that tomorrow.

Noticed tonight that in Eden beta 3 I could skip scenes in the 'inplay' menu but in RC1 I can't? Instead it tries to skip to the next piece of media and can't because there is no play list so goes back to the menu. Is this normal or a setting that can be changed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop pause fast/forward0