XBMC player VS MPC-HC external...?
Add:
PHP Code:
<rules action="prepend">
  <
rule player="MPC-HC" />
</
rules
between the </players> and the </playercorefactory> tags. That will force everything to be played by MPC-HC.
change hideconsole and hidexbmc to true, that should stop the stuttering.

crimsonfury Wrote:Yes.

It plays great from just mpc-hc loading a movie from a folder.
But from xbmc it loads mpc-hc after i right click and it minimizes xbmc (which i didn't want it minimized just background) and it plays, stutters, plays, stutters....

This is what my playercorefactory looks like:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

Im away from home, so the actual file name is different but this is 99% accurate to what I put in my roaming/ bla bla folder....
@crimsonfury- If you want MPC-HC to playback everything, you can use the playercorefactory codes below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<!-- Universal Player -->
<rule filename="*.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Will streaming content such as trailers or such, play with MPC-HC?

I would actually like streaming content to stay on the local xbmc player...

With MPC-HC set as the default can I still right click and choose the local player?
crimsonfury Wrote:I would actually like streaming content to stay on the local xbmc player...

With MPC-HC set as the default can I still right click and choose the local player?
In that case, you will have to spell everything out in playercorefactory rules as shown below. Any files that is not list in the rules, it will playback using XBMC....

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</</filename>
<args>"{[COLOR="Blue"]E:
}" /fullscreen</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filename=".*mp4.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule protocol="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory> [/COLOR]
Why would you want or need an external player for XBMC?

I use mpc with Windows Media Center and Media Browser (which is petty nice) only because WMC won't play MKV's.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:Why would you want or need an external player for XBMC?
Well; if you read post #1, you should know why these guys use MPC-HC for external player. They still can enjoy XBMC for front-end (library stuffs) and good quality playback of MPC-HC.

patseguin Wrote:I use mpc with Windows Media Center and Media Browser (which is petty nice) only because WMC won't play MKV's.
Some of us using TMT5 and PDVD11/12 for external player because we want to enjoy the quality playback with original menus, chapters, 3d, bitstreaming, etc. It's very well documented to why we are using external players....

Here is why.....

crimsonfury Wrote:Will streaming content such as trailers or such, play with MPC-HC?

I would actually like streaming content to stay on the local xbmc player...

In that case you can just add internetstream="false" to the rule:

PHP Code:
<rules action="prepend">
  <
rule internetstream="false" player="MPC-HC" />
</
rules
The picture quality has been mentioned as a reason to use an external player.
I have a Dune Prime BD 3.0 player, which I used up until now, then I got fed up with not having a decent library setup, so I started using XBMC again (what a relief by the way, it's like setting foot on the moon for the first time :p).

Anyway, I find the picture quality to be actually better than the Dune player, which I did not expect (using HDMI output form a GFX 580 card at the moment).
I have calibrated the TV with a hardware calibrator connected to the computer however, so I guess that plays a role as well. Can the graphic card make/model also be a factor?
I am just curious, since some use words like "huge" and "great" when describing the difference between the internal and external player.
Something which I don't really see, when trying an external player myself.

Just curious as I said, not trying to negate any observations or anything Smile
@phunqe Set up MPC-HC with MadVR and play the same clip (Especially of faces) and tell me you don't see a difference!

To test I stand about 10 feet away (the closest couch seat) and watch the same clip of faces talking and walking towards the camera and movement and it is night and day difference. With MPC-HC the faces have pores and I can actually see every hair and all kinds of more details! The internal player has nice features and UI but the PQ is pretty washed out and no actual HD detail seems to show, IMO...

UPDATE:

I got it working great as my Universal Player! Thanks @bluray and @robl45! No more stuttering and pops up and plays all files! Also for now if I want to make youtube trailers or streaming to play with the Internal player then I just right click and hit more play with..."Dvd Player" and it works great!
crimsonfury Wrote:UPDATE:

I got it working great as my Universal Player! Thanks @bluray and @robl45! No more stuttering and pops up and plays all files! Also for now if I want to make youtube trailers or streaming to play with the Internal player then I just right click and hit more play with..."Dvd Player" and it works great!
Congratulation! Smile
@crimsonfury, I will try the setup you mentioned.

Intuitively however, I cannot help but wondering; If the quality of the XBMC is that inferior, why does it not support using external codecs?
I mean most material these days is HD, so it would seem odd that the internal player doesn't strive to have the best possible PQ Smile

Again, I am just curious. Are there some limitations to the internal player hindering it from having the best possible PQ (using external codecs if needed)? Are there any known plans of further improving the quality of the internal player?
You take the words right from me! I thought the same thing starting this whole thing.

But take note that xbmc out of the box is worlds better than WMC. WMC takes adding all kinds of codec packs to play media inside of it.

But yes it would be awesome to add support for individual renderers(is that a word?). MadVR with players that support it is Unbelievable the PQ that you get.

You know I never like to stick my foot in my mouth.... But here goes.

I have mpc-hc setup and it all looks great.... But for stereo setup in the bedroom(same htpc different connection) I had to use the internal "Play With dvd player" and for some reason now, it looked amazing!

I tried a bunch of different resolutions out on the big screen with different filetypes and all are so so so very much the same quality as mpc-hc(madvr) and I don't know why! Because when I first set it all up it was subpar to say the least! but now when I click play with dvd player and it plays internally it looks amazing!

What do I set the playerconsole.xml back to?
I think it might have been updating my Card's drivers(Actually just Catalyst Control Center) But I updated from 12.1 to 12.3 and that is all that changed from the last viewing of the default player!

Awesome job guys!

Also I don't have a receiver that plays HD audio just dts 6.1 and DD 6.1.... So I don't need mpc-hc for hd audio right now.

But at least I know how to set it all up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC player VS MPC-HC external...?0