Eden Movie Set
Does XBMC automatically create movie sets in RC2 EDEN or do you have to use a seperate plugin or program like Movie Sets add-on?
I enabled movie sets by checking it in settings but nothing happens. Must require user created nfo's im assuming but the Movie Set plugin is good.
It will put anything in movie sets that is either already been created by you, or newly scraped. Won't do anything for a movie that already exists in the library that doesn't have <set> info. Movieset add-on is nice for taking care of it.
XBMC does not put movies into a set automatically unless the movie scrapper you are using is scraping set info. If you have all ready scraped your movies you will have to redo it, create the set info yourself in the .nfo file, or use a third party program/addon to help you create the sets.

If I remember correctly The Movie DB is the only scraper one that will get the set info for XBMC. You will also need to enable sets in settings > videos > library > Group movies in sets.
and moviemeter scraper
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If you use the moviesets add-on, then you don't have to rescrape with local info. Which also means that your most recent remains unchanged.
Sounds like Movie Set add-on is my best option to stick with atm. Thank you for the replays everyone )
Although the sets being scrapped automatically would be nice have to try that out also thanx )
Hello

Where can I find the Movie Set Add-on please?

Thank you
the IMDb scraper will scrape sets too...I think it uses parts of themoviedb.org scraper code to get the sets tho since its the same sets from there......also, you can always delete the NFO file, remove the video from the library, and re-scan to get the video in a set automatically
I found the Movie Set Add-on thread thanks. I used IMDb scraper and your right, it does scrape sets from themoviedb.org, which is great for the most part, but I'm finding that sets are not always as they should be, or at least I have a different opinion on what should go where, and so prefer the more hands on approach which the add-on allows me to do now, and on the fly too. Now I just have to figure out how to enable set's, but to not scrape set info, which I'm happy to do myself.
(2012-05-26, 01:36)jackhulk Wrote: I found the Movie Set Add-on thread thanks. I used IMDb scraper and your right, it does scrape sets from themoviedb.org, which is great for the most part, but I'm finding that sets are not always as they should be, or at least I have a different opinion on what should go where, and so prefer the more hands on approach which the add-on allows me to do now, and on the fly too. Now I just have to figure out how to enable set's, but to not scrape set info, which I'm happy to do myself.

Yes I agree with you...but its just a problem with themoviedb.org and not the scraper...like acording to them every kevin smith movie (besides red state) is part of the Viewaskverse...which is wrong...and they also lump the predator v alien movies in with the predator trilogy

You could always try to edit the sets on the website yourself...ive never tried however
(2012-05-29, 03:15)digitaltomj Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 01:36)jackhulk Wrote: I found the Movie Set Add-on thread thanks. I used IMDb scraper and your right, it does scrape sets from themoviedb.org, which is great for the most part, but I'm finding that sets are not always as they should be, or at least I have a different opinion on what should go where, and so prefer the more hands on approach which the add-on allows me to do now, and on the fly too. Now I just have to figure out how to enable set's, but to not scrape set info, which I'm happy to do myself.

Yes I agree with you...but its just a problem with themoviedb.org and not the scraper...like acording to them every kevin smith movie (besides red state) is part of the Viewaskverse...which is wrong...and they also lump the predator v alien movies in with the predator trilogy

You could always try to edit the sets on the website yourself...ive never tried however

They are usually in sets for a reason on the site. So better edit them local.
Not all ofcourse. Some had thrown all Disney in one collection which is obviously wrong.
(2012-05-29, 06:35)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 03:15)digitaltomj Wrote:

They are usually in sets for a reason on the site. So better edit them local.
Not all ofcourse. Some had thrown all Disney in one collection which is obviously wrong.

Yeah I later found out that I couldn't edit them anyway...at least i can still upload awesome fanarts I make...kinda wished IMDb did sets tho
Which one can't you edit?
(2012-05-29, 06:35)Martijn Wrote: They are usually in sets for a reason on the site. So better edit them local.

I just noticed that themoviedb emptied out all the movies from the Disney "collection" and then put up a message to not add anything to the set. Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
A small note:
I read somewhere on this forum that the MovieSet Addon CAN cause crashes and things like that on the recent Eden build(s). Don't know the details, but i experienced random crashes (especially when exiting the Weather or the Movies/Series menu) that stopped when i removed the MovieSet Addon.

Just so you know, in case you start getting random crashes... Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Movie Set0