Booting directly to XBMC
So I followed the HOW-TO instructions from the wiki - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_make_...ull_Screen
For Windows 7 and optional EventGhost : Using Windows 7 Group Policy Object Editor

I now realize that I need to change something through actual windows but when I shutdown XBMC I'm left with just a black screen and no ability to do anything. I'm assuming this is because explorer isn't loaded.

My question is this - How can I regain access to the computer at this point? I don't see a way that I can access the computer now or even go in and reverse this process if I wanted to.

It seems to me that this is a bit unnecessary for me as with the OS and XBMC being on an SSD the load times were fine... My only reason for exploring this option was because when I added XBMC to the startup folder it would open fullscreen but there were times when windows would load and xbmc would either be minimized or if it were fullscreen it wouldn't actually recognize XBMC as the main window until I moved the mouse and clicked. This is going to be a problem when I get my remote in because I will then no longer be using keyboard and mouse...

I would think a simple batch file with a delay placed in the startup folder of Windows would resolve this but I haven't been able to find the correct command for a batch file to achieve this. Could anyone write out what a batchfile should look like that would cause maybe a 5 second delay or so before it attempted to open XBMC? I believe this would resolve the issue of XBMC opening but not actually being the active window. I think it's just opening too fast.
Ok, I see now that I can run explorer from task manager so that solves the initial problem.

I would still be interested in a batch file example that would cause XBMC to have a delayed start if anyone has this information handy.
In Event Ghost you can add command line arguments to the XBMC startup.

I suggest using fs -d x (where x is the amount of seconds you want to delay the xbmc startup).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thanks htpc guy.

Booting as a shell is nice but I don't think it's going to be necessary for me.

Would someone with the knowledge on batch files mind tossing together the lines that would be necessary to achieve this -

start intro movie
command for wait (8 seconds) or whatever the into movie duration is
start xbmc

I've got an intro movie that I would like to use and it's not loading smoothly even with the intro movie added to the highest possibly spot in the home.xml file for the skin I'm using. I'm still getting a brief display of the home screen and then the intro movie plays.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Booting directly to XBMC0