• 5(current)
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
It looks like adding those custom excludes broke the trailer exclude so you just have to add it back manually. I put a copy of my advancedsettings.xml on pastebin for you to compare. I'm still not sure why extras would be showing up in the scan though. Can you provide the directory and filename for one of the files that has this problem? Then maybe I can reproduce it here and figure out what is going on.

The script itself doesn't change anything with the movie scanner so upgrading the script won't make a difference. The only thing that we've changed that affects the scanner is the exclusion file list.

@MeggyChoo
I believe you have put the button control in the wrong spot in your xml. You want to put it in the grouplist with id="5000" (at least on the my version of aeon nox). You'll have to somehow remove all of your trailers from the database. You could delete the entire database and rescan but with 2000 movies that will take a while. I'll try to come up with a script for you that will make it easier.
I've updated to 1.1.1. This has a few minor bug fixes, but the big change is I've added a tool to help you remove the trailers that were accidentally added to your movie database. To use the tool go to Programs > Dvd Extras. Then select the "Search for movies to remove from database" command. You can then enter a search parameter (something like "-trailer" probably). The script will then search the database for any files that contain the search string anywhere in the path. A list will be presented showing all matching files. To remove a file from the list just select it. Once you are done select "Continue...". It will then prompt you to make sure you really want to remove these files from the database.

If anyone is still seeing files being scanned that shouldn't please post the exact file path that is having problems and I'll try to help out. The script itself won't change the scanner but the modifications made in advancedsettings could.

Early adopters unfortunately get stuck working out the bugs but I think soon we'll have something really nice.
(2013-03-12, 05:02)brentosmith Wrote: I've updated to 1.1.1. This has a few minor bug fixes, but the big change is I've added a tool to help you remove the trailers that were accidentally added to your movie database. To use the tool go to Programs > Dvd Extras. Then select the "Search for movies to remove from database" command. You can then enter a search parameter (something like "-trailer" probably). The script will then search the database for any files that contain the search string anywhere in the path. A list will be presented showing all matching files. To remove a file from the list just select it. Once you are done select "Continue...". It will then prompt you to make sure you really want to remove these files from the database.

If anyone is still seeing files being scanned that shouldn't please post the exact file path that is having problems and I'll try to help out. The script itself won't change the scanner but the modifications made in advancedsettings could.

Early adopters unfortunately get stuck working out the bugs but I think soon we'll have something really nice.

That's the downside of being bleeding edge, but I think it's great that you've added that to help Smile I'll try it out and report back.
No biggie. I used the good old DOS to rename all the "-trailer" files to "-trailers" and then did a library cleanup and voila! For those who don't enjoy DOS, there is Better File Rename.

I got the Extras button issue resolved and now the content of Extras folder show up accurately. However, Extras content is still getting scanned in the library. This is after I cleaned up the library by renaming the "Extras" folders to "Extra". Here is a copy of my Advancedsettings.xml:
http://pastebin.com/Tg4JgUsf

Now I have a theory to what might be going on, I believe these items are getting scanned from some cache. I faced a similar issue when updating DVDExtras. Since DVDExtras is installed via zip file, every time I placed an updated file in the Downloads directory and went into my XBMC Addon setting to install the new file what I would end up getting was the older version. I first installed DVDExtras 1.0.8 and despite downloading 1.0.9, 1.0.10, 1.0.11 I couldn't update because every time I would install the newly downloaded addon, I would actually be getting 1.0.8 (I checked the version in the addon info). I tried everything I could think of i.e. uninstalling and reinstalling, disabling and reinstalling, etc. but the problem persisted. The only way I manage to update DVDExtras is when I changed the file name. So my bet is that it could be a cache that XBMC is relying on without first checking the Advancedsettings.xml. I will try to change parent directory names or Extras file names to play around this hypothesis. This is the only way I can explain this whole issue. Perhaps I need to look into some way to clean the XBMC cache.

Quick question: Is the "Extras" folder case sensitive? I like to keep everything in lowercase.

Thank you so much for the script.
The script is not case sensitive. I'm not sure if the regex parser is or not. If it is then you would just need to change your advancedsettings.xml file to be lowercase as well.
Hi,

Can somebody please help me? I am really keen to get this working but cannot get the extras button to show up on NOX? I have added the following at the bottom of the DialogVideoInfo.xml file and restarted XBMC, I then go to the movie (in this case despicable me) and then movie information there is an extras subfolder with all the extra mini movies in it but there is no extras button? just the usual trailers / get art etc

<control type="button" id="100">
<description>Extras</description>
<include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
<label>Extras</label>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>
You probably don't have the control in the right group. Search for the text id="5000" in that file, the control should go in that group list. This is based on my version of Aeon Nox, I don't know if that id is the same in all versions.
I haven't been able to get a great deal of time on my pc in the last couple of days, but I know that the 'trailer problem' still exists. Has anyone come up with a fix yet or identified the problem?
(2013-03-15, 06:29)brentosmith Wrote: You probably don't have the control in the right group. Search for the text id="5000" in that file, the control should go in that group list. This is based on my version of Aeon Nox, I don't know if that id is the same in all versions.

Ok,

Thank You.... I also have just noticed that this file exist's in several locations so I presume I must edit both files?

C:\Users\I7QUAD\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

(2013-03-15, 13:28)mbc0 Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 06:29)brentosmith Wrote: You probably don't have the control in the right group. Search for the text id="5000" in that file, the control should go in that group list. This is based on my version of Aeon Nox, I don't know if that id is the same in all versions.

Ok,

Thank You.... I also have just noticed that this file exist's in several locations so I presume I must edit both files?

C:\Users\I7QUAD\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i

Ok,

Just found that although they are both the same filename, the one in Program Files is in the same format as the additional text I must insert.... I am running the latest version of everything and still not sure where to add these lines... if only there was a guide for noobs like me :-(

Thanks for your help though matey, I will get there, if only just slower than most! lol
(2013-03-15, 13:11)Deano316 Wrote: I haven't been able to get a great deal of time on my pc in the last couple of days, but I know that the 'trailer problem' still exists. Has anyone come up with a fix yet or identified the problem?

What is the "Trailer Problem" ?

Hi,

I don't have that line in my file, in fact the only line that has "5000" in it is

<autoscroll time="3000" delay="4000" repeat="5000">!Control.HasFocus(61) + Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>

can you please copy and paste where I am to enter these lines? I have tried in about 20 different places now and never get the Extras button :-( (Restarting every time and the location of the file I am editing is

Many Thanks
(2013-03-15, 13:39)mbc0 Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 13:11)Deano316 Wrote: I haven't been able to get a great deal of time on my pc in the last couple of days, but I know that the 'trailer problem' still exists. Has anyone come up with a fix yet or identified the problem?

What is the "Trailer Problem" ?

A couple of us have found that for some reason our trailers are being scraped as well as our extras and added to our libraries. Which leaves us with a bunch of mismatches and erroneous entries, all of which have to be removed manually Confused I'm sure this will be cleared up eventually, it's a risk you take when being one of the first to test.

Edit: After swapping out my advancedsettings.xml for the one brentosmith provided, the trailer problem seems to have disappeared. A simple library clean removed all the incorrectly added trailers. So far.......so good Big Grin

Edit #2: The trailers are still being ignored fine, but the only reason the extras ae being ignored is because they're numbered '[x]'. I'm going to recheck the naming convention to be sure the problem isn't there. Probably user error.
(2013-03-15, 13:58)mbc0 Wrote:

Hi,

I don't have that line in my file, in fact the only line that has "5000" in it is

<autoscroll time="3000" delay="4000" repeat="5000">!Control.HasFocus(61) + Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>

can you please copy and paste where I am to enter these lines? I have tried in about 20 different places now and never get the Extras button :-( (Restarting every time and the location of the file I am editing is

Many Thanks

Anyone Please?
(2013-03-17, 04:05)mbc0 Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 13:58)mbc0 Wrote:

Hi,

Many Thanks

Anyone Please?

Hi mbc0,
You couldn't find the described id because we all use Aeon Nox as skin. For Confluence you have to look for the id="9000".

So especially for your case:
1. Find DialogVideoInfo.xml, what you probably already did.
2. If you did not change the file, you will find the group in line 933
3. Choose the location of the button. I prefer to put it close to play trailer. Which would mean to put the following code between lines 981 and 982:
Code:
<control type="button" id="98">
    <label>Extras</label>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.dvdextras,$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath])</onclick>
    <visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + System.HasAddon(script.dvdextras)</visible>
</control>

This approach works quite well. The button is somehow longer, but it doesn't disturb.
Another possibility or additional option is to add it to context menu. I did it in Aeon Nox, but couldn't find the right position for confluence yet.
[/quote]

Hi mbc0,
You couldn't find the described id because we all use Aeon Nox as skin. For Confluence you have to look for the id="9000".

So especially for your case:
1. Find DialogVideoInfo.xml, what you probably already did.
2. If you did not change the file, you will find the group in line 933
3. Choose the location of the button. I prefer to put it close to play trailer. Which would mean to put the following code between lines 981 and 982:
Code:
<control type="button" id="98">
    <label>Extras</label>
</control>

This approach works quite well. The button is somehow longer, but it doesn't disturb.
Another possibility or additional option is to add it to context menu. I did it in Aeon Nox, but couldn't find the right position for confluence yet.
[/quote]

Apologies for my confusion, I am also using Aeon Nox (What a great looking skin!) and have now placed the code in the correct place and it is working perfectly!! however I would love to know how you add it to the context menu if you wouldn't mind sharing :-)

Many Thanks Again Everyone
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8