XBMCbuntu IR issues
Hi guys

I've been having an issue with my HP MCE remote (newer model here) and XBMCbuntu. I've tried searching through the forums but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue so I'm asking here to see if anyone can help.

The issue that I'm having is that the remote intermittently doesn't work after a wake up especially after a long sleep (e.g. overnight). I was originally using the RC1 build of XBMCbuntu and went through the process of adding the commands to rc.local to allow it to wake the HTPC this worked fine. I then noticed the issue where it didn't respond after wake up. I did a search and found various script to stop lirc on sleep and restart lirc on resume. The thing is it does work if i wake up the machine after a couple of minutes but i find after a long sleep it seems to take 3-5 minutes for the remote to be responsive. If i ssh into the machine and restart lirc the remote immediately works.

I then found that there was a newer version of XBMCbuntu (RC2) so downloaded that and then re-installed (wiping the original install). I then configured the system to wake on IR but i still have the issue.

I checked the resume log and it seems that sometimes starting lirc fails because it's in use. I then checked the xbmc log and found that xbmc seems to restart lirc on sleep/resume too. I thought that this might be linked to the sleep script but if i remove the script from /etc/pm/sleep.d/ i can see that xbmc still stops/starts lirc on sleep/resume although it still doesn't do this fast enough.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/commit...3448263d0e

1st thing to check is if this fix is actually done on your install. I did it manually and my B2 install works as it should.
TugboatBill Wrote:https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/commit...3448263d0e

1st thing to check is if this fix is actually done on your install. I did it manually and my B2 install works as it should.

Yeah it is i believe it was included in the RC2 version. I have double checked though and that's the script in my sleep.d folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu IR issues0