messed up SQL for sync database
I am having a real problem with my SQl synced xbmc. the set up is I have one Win 7 maching in the playroom which is on 24 hrs a day, I have 1300 movies and 5,000 episodes so maintaining libraries is challenging as I have:

* apple Tv 2 in lounge
* Openelec or win 7 (dual boot) in my daughters bedroom
* XBMCBuntu in the kitchen
* Xbmc4xbox in my bedrrom.
* win 7 test pc in the study.

as you can see I have all the flavours, but the only one I can get to play a movie - they all (except the xbox) see the movie library but then say "the movie is no longer available would you like to delete?".

I have now renamed the userdata on the Host maching and rescanned a small movie selection however when I add the advancedsettings back in it picks up the old library.

so my question how to I reset the library in SQL and do why when the machines can see the library apart from the one in the study that i first set it up on can they not play the file??
By SQL do you mean MySQL? If so I would just delete the database and rescan everything from scratch if that is what you want to do. Some things to check that may fix your problem is to make sure you are adding your library as SMB, NFS, ect instead of from the C: drive or where ever you have them stored.

When you do the initial scan you will have to use the advanedsettings.xml so it knows where you SQL database is located other wise it will just save it to the user data folder on the machine that did the scan and then the others will not have access to it.

You may also want to check your ports on your firewall to make sure they will alow what is needed through it and also make sure that you have the folders set to share. If you need a user name and password to access the shares make sure that is set in XBMC somewhere so the other machines can get access to the media. Also in Win 7 under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings there are some password settings that can mess up sharing with non win 7 machines.

As a last resort you can always try this as well but I would save it for last if the others don't fix the problems. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=959...stcount=18 I was having problems with my ATV2 not being able to play media from my Win7 machine but my other Win7 computers could until I tired this fix.
Hi, seems my win 7 clients work fine, just non win 7 esp Atv 2 still having probs with. I tried the link you sent as I found that before but no joy. If my library wasn't ok would the win 7 mc still work as they (2 client) are ok.

When you say delete and rescan.... How do I delete a MySQL db?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
messed up SQL for sync database0