XBMCBuntu Network Bridge?
My setup is an old Dell XPS M1210 laptop, running XBMCBuntu, it connects to my main wireless router with wifi. I then have a second router in bridge mode that I need to connect to the laptop with ethernet so I can get internet to the second router. In Windows I can make this work by just bridging the wifi and lan devices, but I'm really not sure how to make this happen using XBMCbuntu.
Anyone here that knows how to do that I would really appreciate the help.
Am trying hard to figure how that setup works, but can't quite grasp it. At any rate, it seems kinda akward, routers should be the "backbone" of your network and the computers clients, not the opposite way around, i.e. router-to-router bridge, computers connected to one of the routers and thereby via the bridge to each other.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
I guess I explained it kind of sloppy. My home uses Wifi, the router is in my computer room with my desktop. In my living room I have the HTPC connected to my home network with Wifi. I also have an older Jtagged Xbox 360 that doesn't have Wifi, so I have my HTPC running an Ethernet cord to a second router thats using bridge mode. This allows me to access my Xbox via FTP from my computer room.
You need to research this on ubuntu.com or some such place where they have guides. It does not have much with xbmc to do.
Well, then all your devices are on the network and ordindary network share functionality applies, i.e. they should be possible to reach from each other. You can consider the computer room router as the hub of the network and all other parts as spokes (with the bridged router supplying an "extended" spoke).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Not if the second router is not connected to anything but the desktop and xbox. Then they are not to be considered "on the same network" and as he correctly says the network has to b bridges. Last time I checked that out there was not GUI to to this on ubuntu. You have to get a guide from ubuntu.com and sort it out in command line.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu Network Bridge?0