Loading external audio tracks
Just ran into a situation where I need to play audio from a separate track (with several languages available), and I would strongly prefer to not have to demux the one i need and create a fixed combination of audio and video. So I ran into this thread...

+1 for the feature !

EDIT: and thanks 'for coding your ass off' BTW Smile
Hello ace20022
I got this error when I compiled xbmc on linux system:

make[1]: leaving directory `/usr/local/src/xbmc-30-01-2013/lib/libdvd'
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDAudio.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDClock.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxSPU.o
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDFileInfo.o
In file included from DVDFileInfo.cpp:22:
DVDFileInfo.h:42: error: extra qualification ‘CDVDFileInfo::’ on member ‘AddExternalAudioToDetails’
make[1]: *** [DVDFileInfo.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a] Error 2

Regards.
Hi wojak,

thanks for the info, I frequently forget to check linux. I have not pushed the fix to the repo yet, I'll inform you when done so.
@wojak: done.

btw I'm working on a branch based on Frodo final which has pieh's language recognition code integrated.
I opened a new Thread over at the development sub-forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155415
A quick timeline of this PR:

- 7 months ago: The feature was implemented and a PR created. The following few weeks saw some healthy discussion about how to improve it, which was done.
- 6 months ago: Bump for review... no response from anyone responsible for handling it.
- 6 months + a few weeks ago: Bump for review... again no response.
- 2 weeks ago: Bump for review... no response.
- Today: The author of the commit finally got fed up and closed the PR, and I don't blame him after being ignored for 6 months.

I know the people responsible for the code review process has limited time and it's not a paid job. I love XBMC, and have the utmost respect for all the people who contribute to the project, but how this PR was handled was quite frankly disrespectful to the coder who spent -his- free time on this and had his contribution thrown away. Not a single response during a 6 month time period.

I hope no one responsible feels like this is an unfair "attack", but instead see it for how it was intended: A request for an introspective look at what made this fall through the cracks of the current review process, and a follow up discussion about what can be done to improve it going forward.
This has actually triggered an internal discussion on the Team about how we can better handle and communicate with people that have open pull requests. It sounds like a new pull request by Ace is going to be opened, and Spiff is going to look at it. In the future I think we'll have much better communication so people don't feel all alone about their PRs, and hopefully organize/sort through them better, get them to the right people faster, etc.
Glad to hear it, cause frustrated contributors is the last thing an open source project needs.
(2013-04-03, 18:42)sialivi Wrote: I know the people responsible for the code review process has limited time and it's not a paid job.

Just FYI - there is no such person. Nobody is responsible of reviewing stuff. Reviews are done when someone feels like it. And that becomes a problem more and more but thats an open source thingy too imo. Devs only do it for fun. Its not about ignoring someone - its just about not caring about features that are not handy for themselfs. (if there was a dev who really wanted this feature - of course it would have been pushed and reviewed). Its just a human egoistic thing (at least in my case).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-03-21, 21:27)YodaEXE Wrote: Why in the world would you store your audio tracks in a separate file?

A use case I've recently run into: I'd like to convert all the kids' movies from MKV to MP4 in order to make it easier to play on many different devices. I can use MKV2MP4 to remux the video and generate an AAC 2.0 audio track for iPad and their ilk, but many of the movies contain a DTS stream that I don't want to lose when playing it via the XBMC media center (and MP4 does not support DTS, only AC3).
It would be great if I could extract the DTS stream and store it alongside the MP4 file, and configure XBMC to prefer the DTS track when available.
Hello, is there a way to play bluray disc with external audio? Why I would like to have this feature is because sometimes i buy disc without desired language audio track. So I am able to download wanted audio track, but there is probably no way to play disc with it.
+1, I'd really love this option also, thanks!
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.
@tomasg seriously? Are those original bluerays? They should come with all audiotracks available - at least if you don't mean amateur synchronised audio tracks with funny dialogs or something like that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Wink 
@Memphiz It is possible to buy blu-rays from other regions and countries, so yes, they may not have the language you want on them. For example, if you can't find it in your cityl/country but you buy it online and ship to yourself. Big Grin
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading external audio tracks3