Linux Flickering green dots during video playing
Sometimes the video output is polluted by flickering green dots (see image).

http://imagebin.org/208461

This only happens during video playback, not at the home screen. It keeps on even when the video is paused It has happend with several different files, but it doesn't always happen, so I don't know how to trigger it. But it did for example happen with this file:

file.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 624 x 352, 23.98 fps, video: XviD, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 48000 Hz)

I am using Eden, installed from ppa (2:11.0~rc2-0~ppa1~oneiric) on Ubuntu 11.10. Graphics card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R300 NE [Radeon 9500 Pro]
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Device 3002
Kernel driver in use: radeon
Kernel modules: radeon, radeonfb

Driver version:

xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.14.99~git20110811.g93fc084-0ubuntu1 X.Org X server -- AMD/ATI Radeon display driver

Hope the information suffices Smile
Bump.
i had a similar problem with some videos either being entirely green or having points when it would go green. I turned off hardware acceleration and that seemed to fix the problem. You might try that.

Settings->Video->Playback
Then uncheck hardware acceleration.
Has anyone found a solution to trasdahl's problem? I am having similiar issues. Thanks.
Please post full xbmc.log with debugging turned on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hey

Disable composite in xorg.conf append to bottom of your xorg the below.

Code:
Section "Extensions"
        Option        "Composite"                "false"
EndSection

uNi
I was having the same issue. I had tried disabling hardware acceleration as well as modifying xorg.conf, but the issue persisted.

I don't know if you got it fixed, but I just forced the Render Method to Basic Shaders (ARB) and the issue appears to be resolved!
I have the same problem, everytime video are played with green little dots, similar to snow flakes.
Nowbody have a solution? please I'll like to see the movies clean. All videos have the same problem, DVD, MKV 1080p... It's a clean instalation Fedora 17 and XBMC 11.
Other problem I have is DVD.iso don't play

Thanks for all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flickering green dots during video playing0