Linux iMON Pad - Need Reliable Info
A bit too fast....

The Media Key and the keys you listed at post 28 won work after a reboot. All the other keys work after rebooting the system.

If i entered this again

ir-keytable -w /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad

all the keys are working.

So i guess the system "forgets" the keys after rebooting?! How is it able to tell the system not to forget the keys?

Greetings
Just an info....

The buttons take no effect at "irw" or "ir-keytable -t"

If I repeat entering "ir-keytable -w /etc/keymaps/imon_pad" the system write the commands in the file and then "irw" or "ir-keytable -t" shows the effect by pressing the buttons. After a reboot the buttons no longer work.

Need a last help from you Wink

(2012-04-01, 17:12)David1977 Wrote: Just an info....

The buttons take no effect at "irw" or "ir-keytable -t"

If I repeat entering "ir-keytable -w /etc/keymaps/imon_pad" the system write the commands in the file and then "irw" or "ir-keytable -t" shows the effect by pressing the buttons. After a reboot the buttons no longer work.

Need a last help from you Wink

Post #29 look for 'rc.local'
For those of you with an ultra sensitive pad try
Code:
ir-keytable --protocol=Other
Hey sparkie

deleting the "exit 0" in rc.local won't solve the problem. Still the same issue. After writing the commands in /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad the buttons work and after a reboot they don't.

Still need help

Greetings
Did you add the lines to rc.local after you removed exit 0 ... rc.local is a script that runs on startup, you have to add things in there if you expect them to run every time Smile
Maybe its helpful if I post my files:

/etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad:

Code:
david@david-xbmc:~$ cat /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad
0x288195b7 KEY_EXIT
0x289115b7 KEY_POWER
0x298115b7 KEY_RECORD
0x2a8115b7 KEY_PLAY
0x29b195b7 KEY_EJECTCD
0x2a8195b7 KEY_REWIND
0x2a9115b7 KEY_PAUSE
0x2b8115b7 KEY_FASTFORWARD
0x2b9115b7 KEY_PREVIOUS
0x2b9715b7 KEY_STOP
0x28a115b7 KEY_ESC
0x2a9315b7 KEY_SPACE
0x28b715b7 KEY_COMPOSE
0x688481b7 BTN_RIGHT
0x28a195b7 KEY_ENTER
0x688301b7 BTN_MOUSE
0x2b8195b7 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU
0x1008000 KEY_UP
0x100007f KEY_RIGHT
0x1007f00 KEY_DOWN
0x1000080 KEY_LEFT
0x2bb715b7 KEY_ESC
0x29b715b7 KEY_DASHBOARD
0x2ab195b7 KEY_MEDIA
0x299395b7 KEY_EJECTCLOSECD
0x2a9395b7 KEY_CYCLEWINDOWS
0x2b9595b7 KEY_MUTE
0x28a395b7 KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x28a595b7 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x289395b7 KEY_CHANNELUP
0x288795b7 KEY_CHANNELDOWN
0x2b8395b7 KEY_TIME
0x28b595b7 KEY_NUMERIC_1
0x2bb195b7 KEY_NUMERIC_2
0x28b195b7 KEY_NUMERIC_3
0x2a8595b7 KEY_NUMERIC_4
0x299595b7 KEY_NUMERIC_5
0x2aa595b7 KEY_NUMERIC_6
0x2b9395b7 KEY_NUMERIC_7
0x2a8515b7 KEY_NUMERIC_8
0x2aa115b7 KEY_NUMERIC_9
0x28b515b7 KEY_NUMERIC_STAR
0x2ba595b7 KEY_NUMERIC_0
0x29a115b7 KEY_NUMERIC_POUND
0x2b8515b7 KEY_RED
0x299195b7 KEY_GREEN
0x2ba115b7 KEY_BLUE
0x28a515b7 KEY_YELLOW
0x288515b7 KEY_BOOKMARKS
0x2ab715b7 KEY_CAMERA
0x29a595b7 KEY_ZOOM
0x2aa395b7 KEY_SCREEN
0x29a395b7 KEY_DVD
0x2ba395b7 KEY_MENU
0x298595b7 KEY_SUBTITLE
0x2b8595b7 KEY_LANGUAGE
0x1010000 BTN_MOUSE
0x1010080 BTN_MOUSE
0x1020000 BTN_RIGHT
0x1020080 BTN_RIGHT
0x2000065 KEY_COMPOSE
0x2800000 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU
0x289115b7 KEY_POWER
0x28b715b7 KEY_COMPOSE
0x299395b7 KEY_EJECTCLOSECD
0x29b195b7 KEY_EJECTCD
0x29b715b7 KEY_DASHBOARD
0x2a9395b7 KEY_CYCLEWINDOWS
0x2ab195b7 KEY_MEDIA
0x2b8195b7 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU
0x2b8395b7 KEY_TIME
0x688301b7 BTN_MOUSE
0x688481b7 BTN_RIGHT

My Lircmap:

Code:
<lircmap>
        <remote device="linux-input-layer">
        <altname>cx23885_remote</altname>
        <altname>devinput</altname>
                <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
                <right>KEY_RIGHT</right>
                <up>KEY_UP</up>
                <down>KEY_DOWN</down>
                <select>KEY_ENTER</select>
                <start>KEY_MEDIA</start>
                <back>KEY_BACKSPACE</back>
                <record>KEY_RECORD</record>
                <play>KEY_PLAY</play>
                <pause>KEY_PAUSE</pause>
                <stop>KEY_STOP</stop>
                <forward>KEY_FASTFORWARD</forward>
                <reverse>KEY_REWIND</reverse>
                <volumeplus>KEY_VOLUMEUP</volumeplus>
                <volumeminus>KEY_VOLUMEDOWN</volumeminus>
                <channelplus>KEY_CHANNELUP</channelplus>
                <channelminus>KEY_CHANNELDOWN</channelminus>
                <skipplus>KEY_NEXTSONG</skipplus>
                <skipminus>KEY_PREVIOUSSONG</skipminus>
                <title>KEY_COMPOSE</title>
                <subtitle>KEY_SUBTITLE</subtitle>
                <mute>KEY_MUTE</mute>
                <power>KEY_POWER</power>
                <myvideo>KEY_VIDEO</myvideo>
                <mymusic>KEY_AUDIO</mymusic>
                <mypictures>KEY_MHP</mypictures>
                <mytv>KEY_TV</mytv>
                <one>KEY_1</one>
                <two>KEY_2</two>
                <three>KEY_3</three>
                <four>KEY_4</four>
                <five>KEY_5</five>
                <six>KEY_6</six>
                <seven>KEY_7</seven>
                <eight>KEY_8</eight>
                <nine>KEY_9</nine>
                <zero>KEY_0</zero>
                <red>KEY_RED</red>
                <green>KEY_GREEN</green>
                <yellow>KEY_YELLOW</yellow>
                <blue>KEY_BLUE</blue>
        </remote>
</lircmap>

rc.local:

Code:
david@david-xbmc:~$ cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

If you need some other files, let me know

Greetings
(2012-04-02, 18:48)sparkie2640 Wrote: Did you add the lines to rc.local after you removed exit 0 ... rc.local is a script that runs on startup, you have to add things in there if you expect them to run every time Smile

Aaaah....so I have to put "ir_keytable -w /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad" in there?!

That's all?!

Gonna test it right now!

Yepp.....I'm such a noob Laugh

inserting the command in rc.local solves the problem....

Thank you very much!!!!

So, last time I said I would install Dharma back to see if my remote is still able to work. And it did. Additionally, as soon as I booted into Dharma, my Power-on via remote started working again! I swear to everything I know, I'm not making this up. Somehow, I suspect it's the IR_PROTOCOL=1 option I'm able to set in Dharma which I'm not able to set in Eden. I think it does exactly what it says, it switches the protocol of the IR reciever on hardware level. Somehow in Eden I have the wrong protocol turned on and are not able to fix that. Note again that I'm NOT using the imon remote that came with the Antec case, I've bought a standard MCE comaptible one and I'm trying to use that. I'm 100% sure it uses a different IR protocol, that's the reason why I had to use the mentioned option in /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf in Dharma. I'm not sure if every imon reciever with mce remote setup need this, but mine obviously does. BTW I got the information about /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf settings from a guide on this forum.

As I said, I'm getting no response at all now in Eden. Just for reference, the things I tried in Eden for now:
1. Post #16.
2. After that I saw my keys ONCE with ir-keytable -t, until reboot. Then again nothing.
3. Post #29, but again, nothing. Not in XBMC, not in ir-keytable -t
You have since updated Post #29, so I think I will install Eden from scratch and then again make all the steps mentioned in #29 from a clean configuration. In the meantime, any other suggestions?
(2012-04-02, 22:54)gokudo Wrote: So, last time I said I would install Dharma back to see if my remote is still able to work. And it did. Additionally, as soon as I booted into Dharma, my Power-on via remote started working again! I swear to everything I know, I'm not making this up. Somehow, I suspect it's the IR_PROTOCOL=1 option I'm able to set in Dharma which I'm not able to set in Eden. I think it does exactly what it says, it switches the protocol of the IR reciever on hardware level. Somehow in Eden I have the wrong protocol turned on and are not able to fix that. Note again that I'm NOT using the imon remote that came with the Antec case, I've bought a standard MCE comaptible one and I'm trying to use that. I'm 100% sure it uses a different IR protocol, that's the reason why I had to use the mentioned option in /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf in Dharma. I'm not sure if every imon reciever with mce remote setup need this, but mine obviously does. BTW I got the information about /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf settings from a guide on this forum.

As I said, I'm getting no response at all now in Eden. Just for reference, the things I tried in Eden for now:
1. Post #16.
2. After that I saw my keys ONCE with ir-keytable -t, until reboot. Then again nothing.
You have since updated Post #29, so I think I will install Eden from scratch and then again make all the steps mentioned in #29 from a clean configuration. In the meantime, any other suggestions?

Gokudo, you are not alone

I am having the same thing with Eden aswell. Im using a Antec Veris 350 (0038) case that uses RM100 instead of the usual RM200, I have now restored my system 4 times (thank god for clonezilla) back to Dharma as the remote just isn't working. At least you had a response once, I have'nt been so lucky. I also don't use the remote provided, instead a harmony configured as MCE. This is starting to do my head in, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

@sparkie2640 must say thanks for all your hard work on this, even if it hasn't worked on my setup, alot of people will benefit from this thread..

(2012-04-02, 22:54)gokudo Wrote: So, last time I said I would install Dharma back to see if my remote is still able to work. And it did. Additionally, as soon as I booted into Dharma, my Power-on via remote started working again! I swear to everything I know, I'm not making this up. Somehow, I suspect it's the IR_PROTOCOL=1 option I'm able to set in Dharma which I'm not able to set in Eden. I think it does exactly what it says, it switches the protocol of the IR reciever on hardware level. Somehow in Eden I have the wrong protocol turned on and are not able to fix that. Note again that I'm NOT using the imon remote that came with the Antec case, I've bought a standard MCE comaptible one and I'm trying to use that. I'm 100% sure it uses a different IR protocol, that's the reason why I had to use the mentioned option in /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf in Dharma. I'm not sure if every imon reciever with mce remote setup need this, but mine obviously does. BTW I got the information about /etc/modprobe.d/lirc_imon.conf settings from a guide on this forum.

1. Post #16.

Do you use any instant messaging services? I'll help you with this.

Try this: ir-keytable -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_mce and --protocol=Other
Then: ir-keytable -t
Then mash a few buttons and see what happens.

(2012-04-02, 23:08)Alpinestar777 Wrote: Gokudo, you are not alone

I am having the same thing with Eden aswell. Im using a Antec Veris 350 (0038) case that uses RM100 instead of the usual RM200, I have now restored my system 4 times (thank god for clonezilla) back to Dharma as the remote just isn't working. At least you had a response once, I have'nt been so lucky. I also don't use the remote provided, instead a harmony configured as MCE. This is starting to do my head in, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

@sparkie2640 must say thanks for all your hard work on this, even if it hasn't worked on my setup, alot of people will benefit from this thread..

It's tough to tell from the wording in your post, but did you try the actual remote, or have you been just using the harmony this whole time?

From what I can gather, ir-keytable -t will only dump output as it's exactly configured and mapped. You don't get debug output to show the receiver has received information and doesn't know where to map it to. Which is a huge pain.

If you guys aren't using the remotes that came with it, I don't know how much help I can be. I have a limited amount of remotes and receivers to troubleshoot with.
(2012-04-02, 23:11)sparkie2640 Wrote:

1. Post #16.

Do you use any instant messaging services? I'll help you with this.

Try this: ir-keytable -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_mce and --protocol=Other
Then: ir-keytable -t
Then mash a few buttons and see what happens.

Thanks man, that did it!! Big Grin Without the --protocol=Other, just 'sudo ir-keytable -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_mce'. So all I have to do is add that line (without 'sudo') to rc.locaI, right?
Interesting sidenote: Output for that command wrote something like 'changed protocols to RC-6', which is exactly what is written ob the back side of my MCE remote, so indeed the problem was it didn't use the right IR protocol from scratch. I'll try and get the rest done for myself now.

Edit: Which turned out to be not successfull.
Preface: LIRC NOT running. INPUTLIRC NOT installed. IR-KEYTABLE installed. Line 'ir-keytable -w /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/imon_mce' added to /etc/rc.local.
Well, I see ALL the buttons of my remote now with ir-keytable -t. They all have the KEY_ prefix and their respective hexcode. However, in XBMC the for example KEY_OK doesn't do anything. And even though up down right left are recognized, they kind of respond very sluggish, like you really have to press down hard. Volume up and down is even worse, it only reduces or increases volume for a little bit then does nothing if I hold the button pressed. I have to release and press again to decrease/increase further.

The problem with the buttons not recognized even if they are in the command line testing is one I really don't understand, because usr/share/xbmc/......./Lircmap.xml DOES have entries for <select>KEY_OK</select> and all others that show up in ir-keytable -t, still pressing those in XBMC does nothing. From past experience I remember however, if it shows in IRW and has a tag assigned in Lircmap.xml, it should work.

Sorry to be such a bother, again I thank sparkie for all his help. See PM for my IM account details.
Quote:It's tough to tell from the wording in your post, but did you try the actual remote, or have you been just using the harmony this whole time?

From what I can gather, ir-keytable -t will only dump output as it's exactly configured and mapped. You don't get debug output to show the receiver has received information and doesn't know where to map it to. Which is a huge pain.

If you guys aren't using the remotes that came with it, I don't know how much help I can be. I have a limited amount of remotes and receivers to troubleshoot with.

Thanks for your reply, yes I did test with both the original remote and harmony remotes. Gokudo's post looks really promising, will test this later.

@gokudo you can adjust the delay to see if that makes any difference

Code:
sudo ir-keytable --delay 500
sudo ir-keytable --period 50

Also there is more info in this thread
**UPDATED**
After some collaboration with gokudo, here's the most working configuration thus far.

create /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_mce
Code:
# table imon_mce, type: RC6
0x800ff45e KEY_BLUE          # not mapped in keyboard.xml
0x800ff413 KEY_PAGEDOWN
0x800ff412 KEY_PAGEUP
0x2000029 KEY_DELETE
0x2000051 KEY_DOWN
0x800ff424 KEY_DVD         # not mapped
0x800ff40b KEY_ENTER
0x800ff426 KEY_C
0x200002a KEY_BACKSPACE
0x800ff414 KEY_FASTFORWARD
0x800ff425 KEY_CAMERA         # not mapped
0x800ff45c KEY_GREEN         # not mapped
0x800ff40f KEY_I
0x2000050 KEY_LEFT
0x800ff40d KEY_ESCAPE
0x800ff40e KEY_MUTE
0x800ff41a KEY_PERIOD
0x2000027 KEY_ZERO
0x200001e KEY_ONE
0x200001f KEY_TWO
0x2000020 KEY_THREE
0x2000021 KEY_FOUR
0x2000022 KEY_FIVE
0x2000023 KEY_SIX
0x2000024 KEY_SEVEN
0x2000025 KEY_EIGHT
0x2000026 KEY_NINE
0x2200020 KEY_M
0x2200025 KEY_R
0x2000028 KEY_ENTER
0x800ff418 KEY_SPACE
0x800ff416 KEY_PLAY
0x800ff40c KEY_END
0x800ff41b KEY_COMMA
0x800ff448 KEY_PVR        # not mapped
0x800ff417 KEY_PRINTSCREEN
0x800ff45b KEY_RED        # not mapped
0x800ff415 KEY_REWIND
0x200004f KEY_RIGHT
0x800ff419 KEY_STOP
0x800ff45a KEY_L
0x2000052 KEY_UP
0x800ff411 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x800ff410 KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x800ff45d KEY_YELLOW            # not mapped

edit /etc/rc.local
Code:
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -c
/usr/bin/ir-keytable -w /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_mce
Sparkie

I've also got my remote working with your solution, I've also got the same problem with my remote either being too fast or sluggish. So naturally more people should have this problem aswell, will search and if I find a solution will post this here. Will also need to play around abit as I'm also missing some keys. Thanks again for all your help.

Have a rep point Smile
Yup, I got mine working yesterday with sparkie's tremendous help. However I'm still missing keys, there is one last Issue I'll have to figure out. I think somehow Lircmap.xml is doing nothing for my remote now. Instead it *seems* like you have to change the lables in a custom made rc keymap (mine is called imon_mce see sparkie's post above) to those of the keyboard. Alpinestar, I think the thread you linked in a previous post is suggesting that but I'm not quite getting it yet. I'll have to try out more and will report back later this evening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMON Pad - Need Reliable Info3