Win Eliminate "External player is active" message?
Hi All

Does someone know a way to eliminate the need to press OK when an external player is closed? Or a workaround?

I created a little executable with AutoHotKey that just presses OK and added it to my PlayDisc.bat and PlayISO.bat.

Code:
@echo off

"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" D:
C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\enter.exe

But it is executed only *after* I press OK manually...

Cheers,
Tinu
XBMC waits for the external player to exit i.e. whatever process you're launching to end. If XBMC is sitting there with an "External player is active" message it means XBMC thinks the process hasn't ended.

JR
Yes, that's what it does, I can see it too...

But the question is why can XBMC not detect that the process it launched exited with exit code 0, and is there a workaround so that I don't have to press OK manually.

Cheers,
Tinu
Meanwhile I was able to use an MCE remote (that was delivered with my HP computer) with my dedicated xbmc device, so it's actually quite comfortable to use. I just have to press the back button, I think it's ok like this.

Just had to find out additionally how to first close the external player (PowerDVD in my case) with the push of a button, for that I found instructions on how to reprogram the function of the blue button to simulate Alt-F4 keypress via registry key.

Cheers,
Tinu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eliminate "External player is active" message?0