Movies - Genre - Kids, only shows one movie
When I go into my Kids movie genre, I only see one movie listed: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I have a library of almost 700 movies, and I know a lot more of them should fall under the "kids" category. What can I check to see why this is happening?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
So is this a different problem than the one you posted about in the PseudoTV forum? You need to check your genres in your nfo files and make them match whatever genre you are trying to find. What is the genre you are trying to find? If it is "kids" that may be your problem. I don't think there is a genre of "kids" that movies are categorized in. In my XBMC, I have "animation" and "children". Of course you can give your movies whatever genre you wish. You just need to refresh them so XBMC will recognize the new genre.

Mark
You could use a smart playlist and name it "kids". Thats what I do. I make the playlist contain files with children in the genera. You could also do rating is "rated g", "rated pg", etc...
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-03-30, 02:08)mwkurt Wrote: So is this a different problem than the one you posted about in the PseudoTV forum? You need to check your genres in your nfo files and make them match whatever genre you are trying to find. What is the genre you are trying to find? If it is "kids" that may be your problem. I don't think there is a genre of "kids" that movies are categorized in. In my XBMC, I have "animation" and "children". Of course you can give your movies whatever genre you wish. You just need to refresh them so XBMC will recognize the new genre.

Mark

I don't have manual nfo files. I just let that info scrape from the internet.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
there's also a lot of movies that don't have ratings, even though you might classify them as kids movies.

One (easy) option is to put them into a specific folder named "Kids" and have a smart playlist that looks for part of the folder name containing "kids".

Another (less specific, but no need to move files) option is to create the smart playlist on "Family" genre - catches most cases, though I've noticed a few things rated "Family" I would consider "too scary" for my 3 year old.
I don't believe "kids" is a genre that is used much on scraping sites. Some thing like the suggested Family or Animation could give you better results.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies - Genre - Kids, only shows one movie0