AMD Trinity APU
Have you seen this news as well

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display..._APUs.html
Damn you guys ! !

Just when i had talked myself into settling for 3850, you have got me salivating over the A8-5500 Tongue

Although I knew a little of the Trinity APU's I didn't have any details of the A8-5500 until I saw this thread.
It know seems like a foolish move to go for 3850. Only thing that remains to be seen is the pricing.
I hope eskro is right & A8-5500 becomes the new A6-3500.

15th May couldn't come soon enough.

Yeah, wish I saw this before buying!
yeah man, im looking forward to the A8-5500!!

only its pricing will tell Smile
I am looking forward to A10-5700 + Gigabyte FM2 mini-itx (Gigabyte = no blinking LED in S3!)

No more messing around for me Smile
Dougie Fresh has the idea.

Like I have said before - APU release date is all well in good.
But as the socket architecture is FM2 and not FM1 then the release date that I am interested in is the date of the new MITX Mobos.
Does any one know if the Scythe Shuriken Rev.B will work with the new apu coming out
(2012-04-28, 23:16)MrKay Wrote: Does any one know if the Scythe Shuriken Rev.B will work with the new apu coming out
I'm sure that Scythe will have a CPU cooler for it.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I am hoping for an improved stock cooler, that is more quiet, more efficient and also has a slightly lower profile.
I am going to guess the cooler will be the same size and the stock will be the same-ol' same-ol'.
i hope this will will bring the amd a6 prices even lower as well as the fm1 motherboards that should mean for an even less expensive htpc that can handle anything you throw at it
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Yip that's good too
For light to mid gaming without a graphics card would you get a. A8 3820 that has a 6550d with 65watts now or wait for the apu trinity a10 5700 that has a 65watts as well. I have bought a antec 300-65 case for htpc use and gaming. If i buy the a8 3820 + AsRock A75M ITX it will cost £135.61 and the apu a8 3820 is used and cost around £72 to £70 and the motherboard cost around £71 to £65 i will be using it for as long as it does not die and wont upgrade every year that's why i cant make my mind up. what do you guys think
Any one have a ruff idea how much the mini itx fm2 board will cost and how much the apu trinity will cost
Just bought the a8 3820 hope i made the right choice

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Trinity APU0