Win Scraper working but not listed in GUI
For some reason, there is no scraper listed on the folders I've added to my library. But, when I update my library after adding a new movie to the directory, it will find it and add it to the library. I don't use NFO files, and I don't audo update the library.

I recently upgraded from XBMC 10.1 stable to version 11 stable. Everything upgrade fine, I still have my library and all the items appear to have migrated correctly, including the watched status of movies.

After some trouble finding where the scraper was set on the directory (my own fault), I noticed that the directory had no scraper set. However, I tested again and confirmed that the folder is getting scraped correctly. I could see it happening on my screen.

I've never had a beta of XBMC on this PC. I'm using the default skin. Everything else works, plays, etc. Nothing else has changed, including the share name, server name, IP address of where the files are stored on the network. Nothing. I have changed some video display settings for smoother playback of videos, but I don't think that should matter.

When I tried to add the scraper to the folder, it generated duplicates in the library. Running the clean library option didn't help, multiple times. Removing the scraper cleaned out the duplicates, leaving the originals. All items will still play fine.

I used SQLite Database Browser to view the MyVideos60.db (v11?) and MyVideos34.db (v10.1?), both of which have the scraper set on top level directory I had originally set when I was still on v10.1.

The scraper is not being displayed as set in the GUI. But it is set in the background, and it works. Here is the debug log, in case it helps.

I have tried exporting the library to individual files, backing up and deleting the database, and adding the source again. It didn't save my watched status. I'm about to try exporting to a single file to see if that will export my watched status.

I know it's late, but I'm not on crack. I swear. Anyone seen this?
Check that the source you're checking for content is exactly the same as the one that has content set in the database (eg Edit source -> check path, compare with what's in the db).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall,

Thanks for your reply. However, the source is exactly the same. All the files are stored on my NAS. Absolutely nothing has changed on it. Not file names, not share names, not a thing.

The source name is the same as well.
So what's the problem? You bring up the Context Menu on the source and what are your options?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I bring up the context menu in the file mode on any of the directories which have (had) set a scrapper on. After selecting Set Content (not change), there is no scraper set. That is, it says None.

But it still scrapes new content when I add something new. Manually refreshing and telling it to go to the internet also works. It is just that the scraper itself is not listed in the GUI, and when I do add a scraper it totally ignores the existing content (even though no file paths, share names, etc) have changed.

Other than the actual source name -- smb server name and share name -- is there anything that XBMC remembers about the connection? Perhaps a SID? I had similar wackiness when I tried to import my library when I moved to the new NAS. But, I had that all sorted on 10.1 long before I updated, and have done many library updates since then.

As soon as the coffee sets in, I think I will try messing around more with the library import/export feature. If push comes to shove, I'll bit the bullet and start from scratch. I'd hate to loose the watched status of my stuff (there is a lot), but the fact that it isn't working "properly" bugs me more.

Thanks for your reply.
Are you positive the content isn't set one folder level higher? Maybe I misunterstood, but it sounded like you first set the content one level higher than you needed to at first. Did you then go back and set the content to "none" at that upper level? It should have asked if you would like to remove all the items with that source from the DB.
I am 100% certain about where I set the content, and which folders I set it on. As part of my testing I added it in (despite the scraping apparently working), which caused the dupes. Removing the scrap from the same folder did ask me to remove al the items, but it only removed the duplicates.
You may have to bite the bullet and export the DB to seperate files. Remove the sources and start fresh. I'd probably back up my DB files then nuke them and start from scratch.
kricker,

Ya, I bit the bullet already. The best that I can figure out is that the databases are inconsistent somewhere or possibly corrupt. Probably from long ago. I'm not that determined or stubborn to find the problem when re-doing the library is the smart move.

I did both export options: to a single file and to individual files. I also deleted the video .db file, redid the scrapers, said no to update, then imported the library. Didn't help, still duplicates.

The other odd thing that really drove me to dump all the .db files and start from scratch was that I could not set the scraper to Music Videos on my music videos directory. It wouldn't stick. It would take any othe scraper, but not the music video. Once I dumped it all and started from scratch, it worked properly. Even gave me the MTV scraper in addition to the Yahoo one.

Thanks for trying guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper working but not listed in GUI0