i miss my xbmclive
Sad 
im sure im not the only one only using xbmc and not the underlaying OS .

the load time from cold boot > xbmc is more than 4 times the time the xbmclive dharma was...

is there any tweaks to do get boot-time from ~1.15 min > 30 sec like the xbmc live had... ?

asrock ion330ht with xbmcbuntu installed as beta3 and later upgraded to final still long boot time...
Openelec.tv
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
i've tried that also, but i use my mediacenter for more than just mediacenter (also has a glftpd running and a znc bouncer..)
openelec is to stripped... Smile
(2012-04-02, 17:54)darkscout Wrote: Openelec.tv

+1

If you want a simple xbmc style appliance, then use openelec.tv

If you want something more flexible then use xbmcbuntu
Use suspend instead of shutdown?
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
I would be suprised if it increases x4 without an unrelated problem. In earlier version there was just a few seconds diff between running in gdm or not.I will measure it when I upgrade the next machine.
I personally found it to be just as good if not better than Dharma Live by just installing the XBMC-Live 10.1 and upgrading it from Dharma to Eden, although YMMV.
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
The CD I used to install XBMCbuntu was for Beta 1 and I have upgraded to each new version using apt, and my boot time is less than a minute. There's enough that Eden does for me that I certainly wouldn't downgrade just to boot faster, especially since I typically suspend my system instead of shutting down anyway, so that I can wake it with my remote. Do you see any errors in the logs during boot?
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
Quote:the load time from cold boot > xbmc is more than 4 times the time the xbmclive dharma was...

is there any tweaks to do get boot-time from ~1.15 min > 30 sec like the xbmc live had... ?

Not sure where you're getting your math from but 75 !> 4*30.

Quote:i've tried that also, but i use my mediacenter for more than just mediacenter (also has a glftpd running and a znc bouncer..)

And it's come up that all these additional services might have something to do with slow boot?

Install bootchart and see what is sucking up most of the boot time.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
[quote='darkscout' pid='1065017' dateline='1333458349']
Quote:And it's come up that all these additional services might have something to do with slow boot?

Install bootchart and see what is sucking up most of the boot time.

glftpd and znc was installed on the old xbmclive also... here is a screenshot from a shutdown -r now after install of bootchart.

search xbmc wiki for ubuntu minimal and though shalt receive.

John
Just tested on asrock 330, it boots in 55s which is surprisingly slow. But to be fair, a standard asrock ion 330 never booted in less than 30s with live.

I think in version 9 the diff between xbmc in a full ubuntu desktop and live was less than 20s but I do not remember exactly.
It would be interesting to confirm that lightdm does not take 15 extra s. Best way would be to just convert a xbmcbuntu from lightdm to whatever non dm method is most simple.
it took exactly 31 seconds on that same asrock..

there is 4gb ram insted of 2 and two discs insted of one. that's the only mod i did on it... changed the 320gb 5200rpm to 2x 500gb 7200rpm

i've tried for now to put it in suspend insted of shutdown which properly is enough for me for now (unless i begin to have playback problems...)
okay suspend dosn't work . when it returns from suspend it tries to update info, but seems there is no connection to internet right away and it crashes.

log : http://pastebin.com/r6g0x5yL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i miss my xbmclive0