KEF T205
So I was thinking about picking up a 5.1 KEF T205 speakers to replace my soundbar. I like the fact that it's slim and won't take so much room from my increasingly claustrophobic space. I think it's perfect for apartment dwellers but I don't know if it's worth it's value. I was just wondering if anyone here owns these speakers or have the chance to audition it?

Found this bundled with Denon avr2112?

http://www.amazon.com/KEF-Theater-AVR211...11&sr=1-63

Is this good deal? Or should I pickup a better receiver? Suggestions please! Thanks!
I don't have this exact combo but I do have a Dernon 2309 with KEF 3005SE speakers. Great combo, KEF seem to make speakers that almost everyone enjoys - there's no heavy 'KEF' sound if you see what I mean, just very neutral and pleasing (kind of like AudioEngine A5s, but much better!). And Denon receivers are very solid and run cool etc, although their conriguration interface is a bit crap, once you have it al right you tend to just leave it anyway.

I have replaced my two fronts (i.e. L and R) with Sonus Fabers for better stereo only performance and just a general overall lift to the system and it's pretty spectacular. But that was because we moved and I had some $3000 speakers come 'spare' in the process.

The weakest part of KEFs is probably the subwoofer, but not a big deal unless you really love the really boomy stuff...the KEFs have power but the bass is a bit less distinct that some others. But I am not a huge fan of super big bass anyway, so doesn't bother me. Might also be positioning but it's something I have heard about KEFs - indeed the only criticism I've read really.

There's a LOT of stereo stuff available second hand if the budget is tight...often times you can go up a level for the same price, as long as you don't mind the pre-loved concept - ausio people tend to change their systems like socks so there's always bargains to be had....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KEF T2050