AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirrioring
well, the AirParrot software mentioned in this thread is actually doing this if I understood their website correctly.
ahh ok ... didn't read it Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tongue 
just curious,have u guys read this unofficial protocol?

http://nto.github.com/AirPlay.html

It seems mirrioring is base on h264 compression. which airserver,airparrot,reflection have all implemented that feature.

Maybe we can do some reverse-engenering?
do it Smile . Thx for the link - i'll try to improve photo and video support based on that one.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/16/280344...-available
Quote:AirParrot works by encoding your display output into H.264 video, meaning you'll likely see some compression artifacts or lag depending on whether you've prioritized speed or image quality in the preferences.

http://nto.github.com/AirPlay.html#screenmirroring
Quote:Screen mirroring is achieved by transmitting an H.264 encoded video stream over a TCP connection. This stream is packetized with a 128-byte header. AAC-ELD audio is sent using the AirTunes protocol. As for the master clock, it is synchronized using NTP.

Moreover, as soon as a client starts a video playback, a standard AirPlay connection is made to send the video URL, and mirroring is stopped. This avoids decoding and re-encoding the video, which would incur a quality loss.
As I understand it both Apple's AirPlay Mirroring and AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirroring achieve it this the same way, as described in this unofficial AirPlay Protocol Specification.

By in near-real time capturing the screen, encoding it as H.264 video, and sending that video to a AirPlay device such as the Apple TV.

Would be nice if XBMC could receive this Apple's AirPlay Mirroring and AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirroring from an iPhone or iPad Smile

XBMC does not need to be able send AirPlay Mirroring to achieve that. To send, XBMC would have to capture and encode to H.264
yeah ... still the fairplay drm is a problem.
yes, unless we can break the fairplay decode, which the doc refuse to make it public. Some dirty work must be doneSmile
are there any news? is it working now? im very interested about that feature Smile
no news - no work.
Just tossing this out..

http://www.airserverapp.com/

They have 'broken' the key and create their own airplay server using a Mac or PC.
(2012-09-19, 15:09)dpfeif Wrote: Just tossing this out..

http://www.airserverapp.com/

They have 'broken' the key and create their own airplay server using a Mac or PC.

Yeah, but they're not sharing how they did it (we've asked).
(2012-04-07, 19:22)naborneo Wrote: I just came across this Program for Mac. Adds the Mountain Lion Screen sharing to your Mac right now.
I tried this hoping that it would recognize the my Win7-XBMC and just work. It did happen to recognize the XBMC but could not mirror the display. AirParrot just gave me a "Connection Failed" after a few minutes. This would be really nice to add the xbmc system to have a mirrored or extended display for a mac computer. I'd get on this if I knew how, so that's why I thought I'd throw it up here.

http://airparrot.com/ <--- AirParrot websitw with free trial or buy for $10
http://vrge.co/AlbyF0 <--some more info from The Verge

hi xbmc team.
i just wanted to let you know that i sent a support request to the airparrot team using their website, asking them if they would be willing to have a look at opportunities for cooperation with the xbmc project in order to get desktop mirroring support for xbmc targets, eventually based on an unencrypted protocol. the reply came in a few hours later, and to my surprise it was positive, in the broadest sense. i have no idea what might come out of it or not, but at least they seem to be willing to talk about the options. airparrot's email states that they are going to get in touch with xbmc; maybe one of the xbmc "core members" could do the same in the other direction ? i'd love to see at least some way of airplay mirroring support in xbmc, even if it is restricted to airparrot (which is a great product, by the way). below are my request and airparrot's reply, so you can judge for yourself and take further steps (or not).
regards,
christian

request:
"hi guys. first of all: i love airparrot ! however, i think there is one feature that many people (including myself) are missing, and which you could probably easily add. that is, supporting xbmc as client for desktop mirroring. in case you don't know, xbmc is an open source multimedia center project targetting a number of platforms. xbmc has support for airplay including (drm-free) video, but mirroring doesn't work. any chance you get in touch with xbmc project to figure out a way to get both apps to cooperate ? i'm aware you'll probably not be willing to give away knowledge regarding encryption etc., but maybe there is a way to recognize xbmc targets and eventually send video data in a different (unencrypted?) way ? for my part, i wouldn't even need realtime video support, thus bandwidth and cpu consumption don't count that much. any feedback is appreciated. thanks, christian klemke. p.s. i would be fine with a linux port of reflections as well, as long as you can provide arm binaries ;-)"

response:
"hi christian klemke,
thank you for the suggestion. we'll look into contacting xbmc to see if they would be interested in integrating airplay mirroring. as of right now xbmc supports airplay but no mirroring.
best,
dustin
airparrot"
It will be a very nice feature, I'm looking forward for it. Fingers crossed. Big Grin
Hi,
since last few mounth i´m playing around with xbmc and apple products. yesterday i tried "Reflection" on my win pc with an ipad. To have my ipad showing in XBMC, it will be the last step to have it perfect!

Any news about this project?
(2012-12-06, 12:23)aqueue Wrote: Hi,
since last few mounth i´m playing around with xbmc and apple products. yesterday i tried "Reflection" on my win pc with an ipad. To have my ipad showing in XBMC, it will be the last step to have it perfect!

Any news about this project?

The best thing to do is to contact the people who make "Reflection" and tell them you want it to work on XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirParrot AirPlay Screen Mirrioring4