• 76(current)
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS
(2013-03-21, 11:09)joethefox Wrote: @kees667, ok it's clear to me from the log what's is happening. I will do some work on this path, I'll keep you informed.

Great thanks, very curious as these logs are mysterious to me. Path too long, spaces or network path thing? Appreciate the work!
Hey joethefox.

I love this app. But I noticed an oddity in the music section. Several albums for which I have covers show correctly in XBMC on the desktop, but have no cover when browsing the music section via the XBMC iOS app.

Not sure where to start tackling this. Do I have to do something with the files or re-scan the music section? Do you have any idea?
(2013-03-21, 18:32)joethefox Wrote: @rjhall90, the purpose of your fix is to give a visual feedback that the volume slider is in use? sorry but I don't understand the advantages Sad

No sir, what I'm saying is it's possible to accidentally press the cell that contains the slider and both volume buttons. For some reason this causes both buttons to activate.
@kees667, the oddity I saw and I've to check is that the directory is added as filename instead of directory and XBMC treats it as movie and not as music folder. I've to investigate if something is wrong in the app or in the XBMC side.

@Syncopation, if you are on OSX my fear is that you are under the not proper UTF 8 encoded items. The affected covers are related to albums with foreign characters?

@rjhall90, understood now but sorry, are you talking in general or you have this specific issue with the app? I say that because the cell was always disabled so no chance (at least with all my tests) to catch the issue you are referring to. If you have this issue, what's your iDevice and iOS version?
(2013-03-25, 17:42)joethefox Wrote: @rjhall90, understood now but sorry, are you talking in general or you have this specific issue with the app? I say that because the cell was always disabled so no chance (at least with all my tests) to catch the issue you are referring to. If you have this issue, what's your iDevice and iOS version?

It's specific to this app, yes. I have an iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.
@rjhall90, wow that's very very weird, we have the same phone, mine is iOS 6.1.3. The cell is disabled and I'm unable to reproduce your issue. I tried also with the simulator by clicking on every cell pixel outside the slider and volume buttons!

Is there someone else with rjhall90's problem?
Quote:for the volume UITableViewCell when you select underneath the volume slider just right, it's possible to select the row itself and both volume icons highlight.
Huh
Just wondering is it possible to send music playback to multiple XBMC clients on the network similar to Airplay multiple speakers or is this not possible ?

If not supported I once saw a sound system do this but over UPnP/DLNA, when you enabled this feature it would push whatevers playing to any UPnP/DLNA client on the network. Could this be possible via the remote where you could play a piece of music and it gets pushed to any XBMC UPnP clients on the network, that way the remote still only connects to one XBMC media library client.
@Starstream, sounds nice as idea, but before something can be done in the app, we need the proper API on XBMC side.
(2013-03-26, 15:35)joethefox Wrote: @Starstream, sounds nice as idea, but before something can be done in the app, we need the proper API on XBMC side.

I see, hopefully one day there can be a bridge between the XBMC remote backend and being able to take those links and push them out to clients via UPnP. With a UPnP/DLNA controller built into the app it would be invisible to users and your speaker output could be list of XBMC UPnP clients.
@Starstream, yes and there is also work in progress in this area, look http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1373822 . So maybe those kind of informations will be exported via JSON in the future to be used from the remotes
I am new to XBMC so if this has already been addressed I am sorry. I am running 2 xbmc clients on RPi (openelec) 12.1 and use MySQL on a third RPi to synch libraries ( about 800 SD movies). Overall it works well with 1 exception. It takes a while (10-20 sec) to open "movies" menu. Once open menus work fine. The same is true for the remote except it takes 30 sec plus to open each time I press "movies" in the remote. Is there any way to have the remote not reload the movie list each time I select movies. If I could manually force an update of the movie list only when I add more movies the remote would work perfect. Thanks for a great app!!
@John.k.mcdowell, for the moment nothing can be done to improve your situation due the fact the app doesn't have an internal cache. Question: do you have considered that with your setup (big library + central mysql db) a raspberry is a little bit under dimensioned? For example with my environment, XBMC on a MBP 2010, a list of about 1.000 movies is loaded in one second.
(2013-03-25, 17:42)joethefox Wrote: @Syncopation, if you are on OSX my fear is that you are under the not proper UTF 8 encoded items. The affected covers are related to albums with foreign characters?

Hm, interesting. I just check and indeed here are some example albums with missing covers:
  • Björk - all 7 albums have no cover
  • John Scofiel - Überjam
  • Arvo Pärt - all 6 albums have no cover
  • Ivan Lins - Awa Yiô
  • many more

Is this something that can be fixed in the app? Would be a great improvement.
@Syncopation, sadly isn't an app fault, it's an XBMC fault. What I've done is to be less restrictive with the json specification by allowing ill-formed UTF8 response otherwise you'd see an empty list. So I've decided to allow ill-formed UTF8 response inside the app with the side effect that the affected items are without cover. The cover isn't fetched because XBMC returns a wrong path to the cover (due to the wrong translated foreign characters).
There is work on this side to fix this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2479
(2013-03-27, 03:38)John.k.mcdowell Wrote: I am new to XBMC so if this has already been addressed I am sorry. I am running 2 xbmc clients on RPi (openelec) 12.1 and use MySQL on a third RPi to synch libraries ( about 800 SD movies). Overall it works well with 1 exception. It takes a while (10-20 sec) to open "movies" menu. Once open menus work fine. The same is true for the remote except it takes 30 sec plus to open each time I press "movies" in the remote. Is there any way to have the remote not reload the movie list each time I select movies. If I could manually force an update of the movie list only when I add more movies the remote would work perfect. Thanks for a great app!!

(2013-03-27, 14:14)joethefox Wrote: @John.k.mcdowell, for the moment nothing can be done to improve your situation due the fact the app doesn't have an internal cache. Question: do you have considered that with your setup (big library + central mysql db) a raspberry is a little bit under dimensioned? For example with my environment, XBMC on a MBP 2010, a list of about 1.000 movies is loaded in one second.

Using the MySQL environment, it is quite a bit slower bringing up your libraries. I have tried using both local and MySQL libraries and there is a difference in speed opening the movie, music or tv show libraries. I will say though, it has been improved quite greatly from the initial days of the official XBMC Remote for iOS.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[released] Official XBMC Remote for iOS8