Cannot find good resolution
I am using rev 19503 on Vista SP1 and a Philips LCD TV, 720p. I start XBMC with -fs to get it in fullscreen, but whatever resolution I choose, I only see a portion of the screen. Anyone familiar with this and willing to help me out?
Could you post a screen capture of what you mean?

Actually, even if you don't, I have a few suggestions/questions. 1) Does windows display properly on the screen? 2) Under windows, you have the correct resolution set? 3) Have you tried opening XBMC in windowed mode, but setting the resolution to match the Windows resolution?

If you've done all these things, and there is still some kind of overscan problem, with pm3 or pm3hd go to:

Settings -> Appearance -> Screen --> Video Calibration

This screen allows you to adjust the displayed area of XBMC. You should see an arrow in the top left corner of the screen and an arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen. The top left arrow should be highlighted first. Arrange that to the proper place. Hit enter. Then arrange the bottomr right arrow. Enter. Then escape out of there. Everything should work now.

BEFORE YOU DO THAT, make sure you've tried the list of questions I mentioned above. That is the better method.
Try to set it to your desired resolution then, if you can, chose OK/Yes when asked if you want to keep that res and restart XBMC.
The windows res and XBMC res match and are correct, restarting doesn't fix it. Video calibration does work, there seems to be some massive overscan, it seems right now. Any idea whats causing this?

Another question, whats the best way to set the pixel ratio in the video calibration menu? Placing a square object on your TV and fitting it?

Another thing, I keep seeing the Windows taskbar (when using -fs, which is the only way to get fullscreen working), how can I get rid of that? Such a bummer that XBMC needs so much tweaking just to get it running...
Here are two screenshots before calibration.

It needed very little tweaking for me.

Make sure you have the -fs bit on the shortcut when you run xbmc - if this is not working please upgrade to latest revn or post a debug log.

Then select a resolution you want. The overscan is usually due to your screen not having 1:1 pixel mapping. This can be corrected in the video calibration screen, where you set the corners where you want them and the subtitles and also the rectangle to be square to compensate for the overscan.

Should take a couple of mins? What is the problem.
The thing that confuses me is the fact that Windows does not exhibit the overscan. It would make sense that you have to compensate for XBMC, if you already had to compensate for Windows, but once those two match, you should have no further problems.

Could you post a debug log? I assume this isn't an OpenGL issue, but it's worth looking into.

BTW, I just realized you were the guy who tried using XBMC over VNC. Welcome to the television fold!
I'll try to get one for you.

Btw I didn't bought a new TV (they stole it), I am just tweaking XBMC for my dad who actually has the same config.
Hi,
i am having issues with ALL xvid / avi files only (SD are ok, H264 Perfect) when playing any xvid / avi file the picture quality resembles a CAMish, also notice Blocky Pixelations (3 computers 2 diff results )
update : ALRIGHT, so i did figure out what the problem/ difference between the two are, and it all boiled down to the windows screen resolution.
when set windows to a high deff res ( will insert actual resolution later) my avi's look very block/ pix-ally , but when i lower the res to ( will insert actual resolution later) avis look perfect,
so now i need to figure out how to make all these work together with xbmc for my blurays, dvds, and my avis.

any thoughts or ideas that will help ?

please

thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot find good resolution0