HTPC built, ideas?
Hi fellow XBMC-ers

Currently I have an AC Ryan PlayOnHD (and it drives me CRAZY!), so I figured to build a HTPC with Win7 ultimate on it (or Debian, but probably Windows). I've build the following machine:

Motherboard:
Asrock A75M-ITX
Case:
Antec ISK 300-65
Wireless keyboard (for remote control):
Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard
RAM:
Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
CPU:
AMD A6-3500 Boxed

I will put the 3.5" HDD from the mediaplayer into this case (even though it won't fit properly).

Is this setup any good? Do you have any improvements regarding this setup? We still have an old TV (which has s-video and scart), so the VGA can be converted. We'll upgrade the TV aswell, but I really can't stand the mediaplayer anymore hence this upgrade first, haha.

Thanks in advance!
You selected great CPU and mobo, but the 65W case will not have enough power for A6-3500 APU. For about $5 more, you can opt for Antec ISK 300-150 instead. For memory, I'm suggesting to go with AsRock suported memory from this list instead- Memory Support List. AsRock mobo tend to be picky with memory......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ah, I've read that the 65 Watt version would also work with this setup and since it's a lot quiter I chose that one. I'll check the memory, thanks.
(2012-04-11, 16:25)gerwim Wrote: Ah, I've read that the 65 Watt version would also work with this setup and since it's a lot quiter I chose that one. I'll check the memory, thanks.
There is a guy in this forum tested his A6-3500 HTPC, and it can spike up to 75W. You might want to consider adding this "19V 4.74A 90W 2.5MM AC Charger Adapter for HP GATEWAY" to insure smooth operation.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-11, 16:20)bluray Wrote: the 65W case will not have enough power for A6-3500 APU.

Totally False,,,
if you'll use your build just for playing 1080P movies using XBMC,
then, 65W will handle it no problems.

the tests made by waver123 are correct,
however, for HTPC use,
your system wont ever be as stressed as it was during Prime95 and FurMark tests..
it just wont!

again, your safe with the ISK300-65.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC built, ideas?0