Frame skips and subtitle stutter since Eden release
Hi

I have been struggling with getting the release of Eden to play happily with my system. I keep getting frame skipping and if I have subtitles enabled it is dramatically worse. Prior to RC2 everything was running just Dandy but since then including the official release version I have been having problems. Also I get random crashes, XBMC will minimise down to the task bar but becomes completely unresponsive and wont return until I kil the task in task manager and restart.

I am running on Acer rev3700 windows 7 64bit 2Gb ram, XBMC is set to change refresh rate to that of source and sync to display is on, using resample as audio sync even though I am using passthrough as this is the only way I have ever got it to work in the past. Also dirty regions is enabled using setting 3 and flipout of 1000. I was running the latest Nvidia driver but they kept hanging XBMC unexpectedly and then the machine would blue screen, since switching back to my previous ones from November this issue has disappeared. Hope this is not hardware related.

Any advice welcome, I'll post a log if needed.
Yes you will need to post a log with debugging enabled.
ok here is my log when trying to watch a 1080p film with subs. I did change the flipout time to 100 for dirty regions which helped a little but as you will see getting random frame drops and the fps drops dramatically. [/code]

http://pastebin.com/8qnb1ZMj
I don't use dirty regions, so I'm not sure what effect that does to video playback. Hopefully a dev will pop in and take a peek at your log.
Just bumping this to see if any devs have looked in to my problem yet?
Have you tried running without the dirty region stuff to see what happens?
No not tried that put since they added DR its been fine infact much better than before it made it in to any builds until RE2. The machine is out of action for this week as my front room is being renovated. Will try with it off when its back. How do you turn it off just hash out the command in the advancedsettings.xml?
I assume so. I don't use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skips and subtitle stutter since Eden release0