Library / Movie scrapers bug?
Hello all,
I have ran into what I think is a bug with XBMC, but hoping it might just be user error. Big Grin

I am using the latest release of XBMC 11.0 Eden (great work by the way to the developers) on Windows 7 64 Bit. I have a Source set up that points to an Unraid server. This source is configured with the IMDB movie scraper (same bug happens with the default scraper as well). Under this source, I have each movie in its own separate folder. My view for this source is set up as Fanart. This gives me a single row of movies and when i navigate between them, the XBMC background changes to the thumbnail. Very cool, i want to keep this functionality.

However, when i go into any folder, and my movie file is selected, it looks like XBMC is not able to display any of the scraped metadata. It only shows the thumbnail but no text whatsoever. Here is the catch though, when I press the "I" key on the keyboard to read the movie information, and then press the "I" key again to close the movie information, then the metadata gets displayed for my movie. Same thing happens if I go into a folder and the metadata does not show up, but if i play my movie for a couple of seconds and then stop it, the metadata shows up like it should have in the first place. This happens with any view inside the movie folder (Fanart, Media Info, Media Info 2, etc)

So it seems like there is a bug, at least on my system, where once i go into a folder the metadata is not being read or shown. But if i play the movie, or just toggle the movie information screen twice with the "I" key, then the metadata gets displayed as it should. However, going out of the folder and going back into it does not display the metadata again.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? I tried searching the bug tracker, but didn't see this mentioned.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Not sure if this is normal or not... but I've seen this on my system. When I move a block of movies within from path A to Path B & clean up... I can go into Path B and see the movies, it looks like everything is there.. thumbnails, backgrounds.... but no .nfo until I hit movie information, then the metadata gets displayed. I use T! and when this happens, the covers have a yellow colour.. The simple solution was a 'refresh' or scan for new files.. all the meta data came back. If I use the missing movie plugin, all the yellow covers not in the library show up.

I suspect your issue lies in how XBMC sees your unraid server, or at least the path part (you're right could be a bug, but others have unraid servers without this issue). Caching might explain some of this.. the very fact that the metadata materializes after you play the movie seems to point to a system that finally caught up.

I was talking with a LD buddy of mine who was complaining that certain functions on XBMC didn't work, and how it was crashing all the time... So going step-by-step.. it was determined that his 10 year old PC build was so slow that it took ~20 seconds to exit, when he thought it had crashed, and getting sub titles was broken.... but after a full minute, he saw the OSD pop-up. It's really a tribute to the devs that XBMC is slim enough to run on the slowest systems made....but you have to have a lot of patience.
Thanks for your reply.
I did some additional testings and it does in fact seem like it is a bug.

I tested this on 3 separate PCs.

Structure is like this:

---Movies
------------Movie1
---------------------Movie1.mkv
------------Movie2
---------------------Movie2.mkv

When i set the content on Movie1 and Movie2 to "movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" and "selected folder contains a single video" it triggers this bug. Using the Fanart views, when browsing between Movie1 and Movie2 folders, the background changes. When I go into either of those two folders, the window for the media information is there but there nothing is populated. If i hit "I" twice, then the media information populates.

This just seems like a display bug, where it does not refresh on event of entering the folder and highlighting the file. Can anyone suggest on how to fix this? I will try to submit an official bug report, but that may take awhile. Maybe someone can figure out how to fix this before the developers do. Smile

by the way, this is with media local to the PCs i was testing on, not even messing with the Unraid server.
Can anyone reproduce this on their system? Would be interesting to see if anyone else has the same problem on their PC.
Would appreciate it.

Thanks.
(2012-04-14, 01:29)d3maxt Wrote: ... and "selected folder contains a single video"

Why do you set this? Your source folder containts multiple videos...
If there was a bug, your thread would be full of +1 posts...
(2012-04-14, 09:48)olympia Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 01:29)d3maxt Wrote: ... and "selected folder contains a single video"

Why do you set this? Your source folder containts multiple videos...
If there was a bug, your thread would be full of +1 posts...

I tried unchecking it as well. I spent like 3-4 hours playing around with checking and unchecking different settings. I was hoping it wasn;t a bug, but it does the same thing on all 3 of my computers.
I have retested this and have put the screenshots in the official ticket I opened.

Bug Report

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library / Movie scrapers bug?0