• 228(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
vbat99:

In the image below, save, rescrape, extra artwork and then it lists everything that has been downloaded. It appears that there is space for 2 more: is it extra fanart and extra thumbs?

watch gallery
vbat99,

Another small issue I found that is probably difficult to fix

Around the world in eighty days (1956) is a dvd movie that is in 3 discs.

If i select "save media duration as runtime" it will use the last mkv file, in this case "part 3" to display duration.
Need help with settings in order to display the certificate filter properly.

In scraper settings, first I have USA, then MPAA

I have "remove phrases after ratings certificate" selected

If I filter certificate in main browser, all I get is UK ratings: 12 18, etc.
(2016-07-30, 15:11)Edworld Wrote: vbat99:

In the image below, save, rescrape, extra artwork and then it lists everything that has been downloaded. It appears that there is space for 2 more: is it extra fanart and extra thumbs?

Extra two spaces is for Movie Set Poster and Movie Set Fanart

(2016-07-30, 17:28)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Another small issue I found that is probably difficult to fix

Around the world in eighty days (1956) is a dvd movie that is in 3 discs.

If i select "save media duration as runtime" it will use the last mkv file, in this case "part 3" to display duration.

This may be possible to resolve. I'll add to the ToDo lists for now.

(2016-07-30, 19:33)Edworld Wrote: Need help with settings in order to display the certificate filter properly.

In scraper settings, first I have USA, then MPAA

I have "remove phrases after ratings certificate" selected

If I filter certificate in main browser, all I get is UK ratings: 12 18, etc.

The Dev AnotherPhil added the Certificate filter, and to simplify so many different certificates, narrowed them down to a smaller group, easier to grasp what age is appropriate.
Unfortunately, I do not know this section very well to make modifications.
If AnotherPhil is around, maybe he can assist.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
vbat99,

When scraping tvshows and selecting actor from imdb, role is missing the last letter...

example: fear the walking dead - actress Patricia Reyes Spíndola role: Griselda Salaza. the "r" is missing in NFO file, should be Salazar
Michelle Ang from New Zealand role: Ale, missing "x" in NFO file, should be Alex

Hope this helps
Vbat99,

Under movies preferences you have the option to enable watched movies and save to NFO file, but couldn't find this option for tvshows. Can you add this same option to tvshows?

I haven't checked concerts yet, but would be nice to have too

Thanks
(2016-07-30, 22:05)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

When scraping tvshows and selecting actor from imdb, role is missing the last letter...

example: fear the walking dead - actress Patricia Reyes Spíndola role: Griselda Salaza. the "r" is missing in NFO file, should be Salazar
Michelle Ang from New Zealand role: Ale, missing "x" in NFO file, should be Alex

Hope this helps

I can confirm. Will get a fix in place before the next release.

(2016-07-31, 05:15)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Under movies preferences you have the option to enable watched movies and save to NFO file, but couldn't find this option for tvshows. Can you add this same option to tvshows?

Thanks
We have a button displayed when an episode is selected for UnWatched or Watched.
For the series, Select a Series, Right-click, and select Mark as Watched or Mark as Unwatched
Can be done by season also.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-07-31, 06:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-07-30, 22:05)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Hope this helps

I can confirm. Will get a fix in place before the next release.

(2016-07-31, 05:15)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Thanks
We have a button displayed when an episode is selected for UnWatched or Watched.
For the series, Select a Series, Right-click, and select Mark as Watched or Mark as Unwatched
Can be done by season also.
On TV shows, if you click watched, does it write into nfo so advancedsettings can import as watched in kodi?

Also tvshows related, you can select to download actor from imdb and tvdb, but not tmdb. Can you think of a benefit to download from tmdb other than not downloading actor twice?
(2016-07-31, 06:52)Edworld Wrote: On TV shows, if you click watched, does it write into nfo so advancedsettings can import as watched in kodi?

Also tvshows related, you can select to download actor from imdb and tvdb, but not tmdb. Can you think of a benefit to download from tmdb other than not downloading actor twice?

Now here's the rub. If the series and episodes are already added to Kodi library, changing the watched/unwatched will not update Kodi.
Once Kodi has read the nfo into the library, it is then ignored and not read again.
Unless, you select Info for the series, and then select Refresh. Then Kodi will offer to update the series from local info, and also the episodes.

As for Actors from TMDb, MC currently does not use TMDb for scraping TV Series or Episodes.
It is on the To Do list as a feature request, but not planned to be worked on at this time.
So IMDb or TVDb are the only available options at this time.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

In movie preferences, what is the difference between selecting TMDB XBMC sraper with all options in "scrape the following from IMDB" selected and "MC's IMDB scraper"?

The only difference I can see is that with MC's IMDB you can scrape aspect ratio from IMDB
(2016-08-01, 02:27)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

In movie preferences, what is the difference between selecting TMDB XBMC sraper with all options in "scrape the following from IMDB" selected and "MC's IMDB scraper"?

The only difference I can see is that with MC's IMDB you can scrape aspect ratio from IMDB

Kodi/XBMC uses TheMovieDb site to scrape a movies info, with some fallback to IMDb for Ratings. XBMC use to use IMDb for everything, but this was dropped a very long time ago.
In Media Companion, we allow some cross-over data. More that the Kodi/XBMC Scraper does. Many users have requested getting specific info from IMDb instead of from TMDb, some things like ratings, Also Know As titles etc. So these extra options were added to MC.

Other users, just stick with TMDb data. The choice is yours.

In the next release, which I am busy working on to get ready for release, has the option to get Aspect Ratio from IMDb added.
Media Companion Dev.
@Edworld

Finally managed to get to checking your config.xml file, and I can not find any fault.

No reason why those movies refreshed as the same video.

I can only suggest waiting for the next release and testing with that, as there were changes to searching and scraping from IMDb.
Alternatively, switch to XBMC TMDb scraper for the best of both worlds.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-07-26, 20:06)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 18:33)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 08:56)vbat99 Wrote: IMDb scraper by chance? If so, Delete all those nfo's, enable XBMC TMDb scraper and try again.

Easy way to delete all of those is
Click first one, hold Shift and click last.
Right-click and select [b]Delete movie(s) Nfo and Artwork.
Then do a new search.

Yes IMDB

The not so funny thing, is that I don't even have that movie in my testing

Seems some issue with IMDb not detecting the movie, so it's giving back a not found page. MC, finds the first IMDb ID as it thinks this is for the current movie, and carries on scraping.
I've seen this before, and it is not a problem with your movie titles, but MC and IMDb glitching with each other.

Can you give me a couple of the movie titles please. I'll look into what is happening.

Going back to this issue....

I know you have experienced this in the past as I have read the entire thread. Have you consider adding an option to manually confirm that you have the correct movie?

I believe that MC uses moviedb scraper that is included in Kodi, just gets copied over.

is it possible to copy over the universal movie scraper - version 2.8.1? I haven't experienced any issues and all my movies scrape correctly.

I am not a programmer, just thinking about other options

Thanks for all your hard work
(2016-08-01, 04:00)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 20:06)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 18:33)Edworld Wrote: Yes IMDB

The not so funny thing, is that I don't even have that movie in my testing

Seems some issue with IMDb not detecting the movie, so it's giving back a not found page. MC, finds the first IMDb ID as it thinks this is for the current movie, and carries on scraping.
I've seen this before, and it is not a problem with your movie titles, but MC and IMDb glitching with each other.

Can you give me a couple of the movie titles please. I'll look into what is happening.

Going back to this issue....

I know you have experienced this in the past as I have read the entire thread. Have you consider adding an option to manually confirm that you have the correct movie?

I believe that MC uses moviedb scraper that is included in Kodi, just gets copied over.

is it possible to copy over the universal movie scraper - version 2.8.1? I haven't experienced any issues and all my movies scrape correctly.

I am not a programmer, just thinking about other options

Thanks for all your hard work

It has been requested to add additional scrapers, and again, it's something on my To Do list, but it's more complex than just dropping it in and going. I need to build a Settings Engine. Then, it should be simpler to include additional scrapers.

And while we do use the Kodi scraper in Media Companion, there are modifications to it to scrape addition data, as well as MC has direct API access to TMDb for artwork and other information.

Usually, as long as the movie is named easily, then there is a 95% success rate. The idea of adding a confirmation would mean the user has to be present to acknowledge each movie scraped.
With scraping from IMDb, we start to hit barriers when MC is scraping a large amount of Movies. These are just protection by Google and/or IMDb against Bot-attacks.

I can see the issue that can occur if trying to scrape a large collection of Movies in one hit. And it is where I suggest small batches of movies be scraped. Once confirmed all data is present, move them to a final Root Movie Folder.

In your instance, I suspect it may have been blocking IMDb as suspect bot-attack after too many calls to IMDb.
Media Companion Dev.
When you recommend small batches, 50 a day?
  • 228(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10