• 6(current)
Win XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects
wich nightly should i use for this exe?
a recent one.
Has anyone else tried these? Your experience?

I've been out of town but will try them tonight.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
I'm still using the original build but I plan to switch to No Reinit tonight when I get home from work.

Also, I was told there was already a bug ticket open for this issue. My ticket was closed, so please consider the following ticket as the "official" ticket of this thread from now on:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12857

Also, all info from my ticket has already been added to that ticket.
I can confirm that XBMC_NoReinit.zip works. However, my Pandora app no longer works.

Upon reverting to the original the Pandora app still does not work meaning they are probably unrelated. So my experience with NoReinit is successful
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
now that nighlty are up again, will there be an xbmc version which get rid of this problem?
I salute the effort from evil B, I have no code skill and I'd like to help more but I already post my log and it seems that many user have this problem...maybe a hint ( that I already share but ...) I have no problem at all using beta 2 ( before eden release ) what is the difference btw the two version??
again thanks for the effort from the people on this thread!
cheers
probably that in the version that was working for you the auto detection of newly plugged controllers didn't work. the difference is probably the addition of the detection routine for newly plugged controllers. my first patch removes this so your controller will have to be plugged or turned on before XBMC starts to be detected.
the second patch tries to consolidate the detection routine to prevent crashes. For me the second patch works a little. It usually takes a few turning on/off before the controller is not detected anymore (and I don't have crashes).

I think for now the only way to have consistently both the detection and no crash would be to use my first patched version with xpadder (or any similar software) to handle the controller.

My personal analysis is that the SDL layer used in XBMC to handle the Joysticks is buggy.
yes indeed my controller has to be turn on before xbmc so he detects it....I'll try one of the last built to see if your pattch work for me!
again thanks!
so far so good !!!! Smile
thanks!
Similar issue here, after to connect a usb keyboard XBMC crash:

Any solution?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Same issue here. I will start a video and pop the batteries on the 360 wireles remote then xbmc crashes.
tinybutstrong and NewUser1, can you guys post debug logs to pastebin and then post a link to them here and on the tracker page listed below?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12857

The more information the developers have, and the easier it will be to develop a fix for the issue. Also, it can't hurt to increase the turnout in the bug report.
Im using XBMC SDL_Quit with zero crashes...
I was having crashes from 360 controller, wiimote, and back from sleep.
All dissapearing...
XBMC crashes when you (dis)connect any USB peripheral (tested keyboard and headset).

Here is the full log, but as you can see it revels absolutely nothing.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-05-06, 05:06)achaw Wrote: Im using XBMC SDL_Quit with zero crashes...
I was having crashes from 360 controller, wiimote, and back from sleep.
All dissapearing...

Is there any way that this fix can enter the upcoming release cycles?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when XBOX-controller disconnects0